Congratulations to Mr. Snydstrup, recipient of the Patricia Beeks Leadership Award, and Mrs. Hanson, recipient of the Knights of Columbus Teacher of the Year Award. Today we celebrate all our teachers and the contributions they make to our school every day. Thank you for your service!
We have a new scholarship for students – the Kathy Davis Memorial Scholarship for the Performing Arts. Congratulations to Hannah Mendoza, who is in the Cardinal Choir and acts in the Shakespeare and the St. Bernadette Players productions! The scholarship is for $1,000 for a current student who has a love for the performing arts.
Have a restful summer! Hope to see you at Mass!
The community of Saint Bernadette Catholic School and Parish works together
to form hearts and minds in Christ.
By fostering a love for lifelong learning, we develop the whole child through faith formation, service to others, and academic
excellence to be leaders
in our ever-changing world.
Summer hours begin June 17th. The Front Office will be open from 8am to 12 Noon.
Year Books Still Available at the Front Office!
We still have yearbooks for sale at the Front Office. It costs $26.00. Please bring cash or a check addressed to St. Bernadette Catholic School.
St. Bernadette Summer Camp Still Open!
Camps are filling up but we still have some room. Here is the
Fill out online AND payer application. Please bring payment to the front office. Contact Mrs. Meyers at
for more info.
August 15th VIRTUS Seminar
A VIRTUS session at St. Bernadette has been scheduled for
Thursday, August 15
. Individuals may now register
. New and returning parents that have not completed this step may want to register for this event. Keep in mind that these session are open to the public and they fill up very quickly. Please register early as we want to be able to provide this space mainly for our parents and staff.
Middle School Youth Ministry
- All rising 6th-8th grade students are invited to participate in our three-day Middle School Summer Camp on July 29-31. This special event is meant to strengthen the community of our middle school youth through faith and fellowship. Our theme is "Belonging" inspired by Jesus' words in John's gospel, "I am the good shepherd, and I know mine and mine know me" (Jn 10:14). For more information and to register visit this link.
- The Youth Ministry Office will be coordinating fun and faithful weekly trips in July. The first of which will be on July 3rd. More details coming soon.
- If you would like to receive text/email updates about upcoming events throughout the Summer, you can sign up here.
- There are two positions open on the PTO Board for the 2019-2020 school year: Vice President and Grade Representative for Grades 3-5. Vince LoBosco, the incoming Grade Representative for Grades 3-5, has been nominated to fill the vacant Vice President position. He will assume that position effective July 1, 2019, unless we receive additional nominations for the Vice President position (in which case, a ballot will be distributed by email to all school families in July). If you are interested in serving on the Board in one of these two positions, please contact the PTO Charter Chair, Brad Buswell, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 28, 2019.
- EPI EPI EPI! Get a head start on next school year! Click here to see the flyer to order your EPI Kits now through June 30, 2019. Please remember that with each purchase of a kit, the PTO earns $5 back which helps support various PTO programs and initiatives.
- Calling All Volunteers – Room Parents for the 2019-2020 School Year!
Any parents interested in being a Room Parent for the 2019-2020 school year
may reach out directly to our PTO Volunteer Coordinator, Lorena
Holliday. Opportunities to sign up for consideration as a Room Parent also will
be available at Sneak-A-Peak and Back to School Night in August and
September. A brief description about the position is below for your review:
Room Parent assists the classroom teachers in planning and implementing
classroom activities and events. Room Parents serve as a conduit between the
teacher, classroom parents and the PTO. Email communications play an integral
part in making sure classroom families are updated on upcoming classroom and
school wide events. Room Parents are provided with guidance and support
throughout the school year by their Grade Representative via scheduled meetings,
phone or email communication. The PTO Volunteer Coordinator works directly
with the teacher to appoint two room parents per classroom.
If you have any questions about the position or are interested for the next school
everyone to volunteer and be involved!
Thank you for your continued support of the St. Bernadette PTO! We look forward to getting things off to a great start in August for the 2019-2020 School Year. Go Cardinals!
The Uniform Store is not as big as it used to be so here are a few reminders about it:
- Everything is $1, please pay cash or check to St. Bernadette School, at the office.
- The store is open during school hours, just check in at the office.
- If the following clothes are in good condition and meet the following criteria, you can donate them:
- Item must be from Flynn and O’Hara.
- NO OLD LOGOS (with the exception of PE shirts and sweatshirts for one more year), no grey pants, no dark grey PE shirts or sweatshirts, no logos with the rosary around it, nothing frayed, ripped, stained, worn out, or patched. Please no socks, tights or hair treats, shoes are okay as long as they are in almost new condition.
- NO basketball shirts from CYO, no band shirts or polos and nothing from other schools, or dated sweatshirts from previous classes.
- If your clothes do not meet the above standards, please donate it to an organization of your choice, but don't bring it and drop it off in the uniform store.
The Legion of Mary
What is the Legion of Mary (Juniors):
It is an organization which helps its members sanctify themselves through prayer and spiritual work in union with Our Lady and under the guidance of a Priest.
What are some works undertaken:
Some works are making rosaries, altar service, visiting nursing home residents, bringing a statue of our Lady of Fatima to visit in homes, making spiritual bouquets for those who are ill.
Who may attend
: Boys and Girls who are practicing Catholics, who have received their First Holy Communion, and who are under the age of 18 may attend the meetings.
Meeting day and time:
Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. in Parish Office Conference Room
Phone: 703-451-8696 | Fax: