Pastor Nominating Committee Update
On September 26, the following information was shared during our worship services:
The Presbytery of the Cascades has approved Columbia Presbyterian to elect a Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC). The Church Nominating Committee (chaired by Dave Cram, an active member of Session) will name a slate of folks to serve as our Pastor Nominating Committee for the position of Head Pastor. We, the congregation, will elect our PNC at a Congregational Meeting to be held at the end of October.
If you know someone who may feel called, or you feel called to serve the congregation in this way, please send your nominations to Dave Cram, email@example.com, 360-356-4108. The team will be accepting nominations until October 10, 2021. The nominating team is identifying and reaching out to potential candidates as well.
Please check with a nominee to be sure they are willing to serve BEFORE you make the nomination.
A couple of things to know about those who serve on the PNC.
- Individuals must be a member of Columbia Presbyterian Church.
- PNC meetings often occur weekly for a couple of hours each, with ‘homework’ outside of the meetings.
- The candidate needs to have a sense that God is calling them to serve in this way.
What are some of the other qualifications?
- Spiritual maturity and sensitivity
- Ability to work well in a committee setting
- Listening and communication skills
- Discerning and prayerful
- Involvement in the ministries of the church
- An understanding and agreement with the church’s vision and mission.
- High level of commitment to the task at hand.
It is crucial that the PNC be made up of a cross-section of the congregation’s membership, different ministry areas, men and women, young and old. The Nominating Committee will work to be sure this is true.
Click on ‘Pastor Search’ on the Columbia Presbyterian website for additional information about the search process.