Treats Needed for Fall Staff Appreciation Day--Tuesday November 23rd
Just a few slots remaining!
Please consider giving our Douglas Staff a treat.
Please use this link to sign up!
Every November, we as a school community come together to show our appreciation for all the staff members at Douglas School for their hard work and dedication to our children and our families by donating baked goods of all kinds to take home to their families and share. This year in particular we cannot say “thank you” enough for all the hard work, planning, organization and patience that the staff have put in to make this year successful.
Here are the guidelines for the event:
- We are asking families to only donate a STORE-BOUGHT and SEALED savory or sweet baked item for the staff (keep in mind: no refrigeration will be available)
The items will be collected with a no contact drop-off process that will allow items to be placed in a bin outside the door. All items should be dropped off at 39 Mohegan Road in Acton on November 21st to November 22nd at 11am.
- The staff will be presented with the array of treats on November 23th (or November 24th if weather looks bad for Tuesday). We will be putting all the delicious treats outside the school on a table under a tent for the staff to enjoy!
This is a beloved event for our staff, and we want to continue this tradition! Please sign up to volunteer to donate an item (or items) of your choice.
*Please note that this is a staff event only. Families are not asked to attend.
VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED FOR SPRING EVENTS
We need your help to ensure the following Douglas events are able to actually happen! Looking for volunteers as follows:
- Book Fair (March - need support team)
- Fun Run (May/June - need 2 Leads & support team)
- Farewell to Elm St. Bash (June - need support team)
SIGN UP HERE TODAY! (*Note Categories: Book Fair=Literacy Enrichment; Fun Run=Fundraising; Farewell to Elm St.=Community Building)
March Reading Challenge Planning Meeting
The March Reading Challenge is a celebration of reading spearheaded by the Douglas School Library. A committee of teachers, families, and students selects a theme and challenges the student body to read, read, read during the month of March. We begin with an opening ceremony and close with a celebration. Our first meeting will be held Thursday, December 2, 9:30-10:30 on Zoom https://abschools.zoom.us/j/4456618075
Please feel free to join in the fun and contact me with any questions you may have. You need not attend the meeting to be part of the committee.
Arrival or Dismissal Plan Changes? Remember to fill out the forms!
The holiday season is upon us! Be sure to complete the Safe Arrival form if your child will be absent from school or your child will be arriving late to school.
Also, please remember to fill out the Daily Walker Pass Form if your child's dismissal plan will be different this week. The form should be submitted by 9:30 a.m. the day a change is needed for your child.
As a reminder this Wednesday November 24th the Extended Day Program will close at 3:00pm.
The School Committee voted to make Thursday December 23rd an Early Release Day. The Extended Day Program will be open until 6:00pm that evening.
Updates from the Health Office
Boston Children's Hospital has put together an excellent website with information regarding the COVID vaccine for children ages 5-11. Click HERE to check it out!
Help Douglas Earn Money!
Fall is in full swing! The Eagle Rewards Team wants you to remember TWO easy ways you can help earn money for Douglas.
1ST: Sign up for Amazon Smile and designate CT Douglas School PTO as your charity. Invite family and friends to do the same! When you use smile.amazon.com for all your Amazon orders Douglas automatically earns a percentage of all qualifying sales.
- Make sure your Amazon App is set to include your phone purchases in your Smile donations! Open the App and find 'Settings' in the main menu (☰). Tap on 'AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
2ND: You can help Douglas earn $ from Box Tops for Education this school year!
Here's how YOU can participate.
Please see step by step instructions below.
- Download the Box Tops for Education app onto a mobile device.
- Play the “Unlock Brighter Futures” using one of these reuseable combinations - (46, 32, 03) or (16, 47, 49) or (12, 94, 60) or (84, 40, 01)
- Prizes include gift cards, laptops, backpacks, and BTFEs (credited to Douglas). Gift cards and other prizes are yours to keep!
- Play up to 20 times per day (until the game ends on Nov 30).
- Douglas PTO receives a check twice a year.
We've earned over $822 so far this year!
We Appreciate Your Efforts to Help Support Douglas!
The Eagle Rewards Team
Douglas Amazon Wish List
Douglas parents have put together an updated Amazon Wish List that includes various items our teachers have wished for. If you would like to help make some of the wishes come true and support our teachers and students, please pick an item or two from the list to donate. The items will be shipped directly to the coordinator, who will then organize, label, and deliver them safely to the school. The list will remain active throughout the school year and we will continue to add new items as more wishes come in. There are wishes small and large, and you can also purchase gift cards in any amount that will be put toward purchasing additional items. For questions, please contact Emmy Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-633-1862. Thank you!