at the Region 6 Convention
· Procrastination is self-abandonment and self-sabotage.
· Problem: First PAUSE and reach out to God. Then reach out to others in program.
· Family: I can’t change them. Set boundaries, limit time with them.
· I’m just the right amount of everything.
· God can see around corners.
· Either millions of people in the past were crazy or HP and prayer works.
· God is love.
·Taking Steps 4-9 is implementing my step 3 decision.
· Stopping in the middle of the Steps is like getting off the table in the middle of an operation.
· Trust: I decided to surrender to it, even though I didn’t understand it. Just do it.
· My sponsor offered to loan me her Higher Power if mine didn’t work.
· I let go of what and who I thought I should be.
· If you can’t remember your last binge you haven’t had it yet.
· Am I truly living in these program principles?
· In the beginning I could not say “Thy will be done.” Now I pray before breakfast.
· Courage is fear that has said its prayers.
· Giving service saves my life.
· HP resides in my heart. It is the life source within us.
· Yes, we have free will. We choose who and how we will be.
· No self pity. There’s nothing you can do about it. Accept it. You don’t have to like it.
· If I sit on my laurels, my laurels just get bigger.
· If I pray for you, it goes into my heart.
· Page 84 to the end of chapter sums up the program.
· Willing came from hearing others say that it works.
· Program works if we work it.
· If I say gratitudes over and over they become reality.
· It was there, deep within, that I found something greater than self.
· All the negative talk in my head was the disease.
-That oft-heard phrase “Don’t leave before the miracle happens” kept me coming back.
· We were all born with an innate sense of self. Intuition is our HP. It’s different from ego and other voices. “Still small voice” is real.
· The tools are the handrails to the steps. We use them to help us climb the 12 stairs.
-Don C., CT