Dear West Scholars and Families,
This newsletter comes to you from the West FACE Team which consists of classroom teachers, administrators and support staff. FACE stands for Family and Community Engagement.
“When families are Respected and Valued as FULL partners in the learning and healthy development of students, our schools will better be able to build trusting relationships and impact academic achievement. This is true for all families and particularly those who face significant barriers to engage with schools.”
This is our commitment to families from our West staff and community.
Here are a couple of things West and the FACE team are currently doing this school year:
- AntiRacist Literacy circles for staff
- Affinity groups for staff, students and families
- School-wide Regent Pride discussions for students to engage with each other
- Dismantling racism in curriculum by intentionally bringing in voices and experiences of marginalized communities
- Family/community informational sessions (starting Feb. 1st at 5:30pm - This info session will be about how to navigate Infinite Campus and virtual learning for your student)
Here are some resources for families:
If you would like to join the West FACE Team, please contact Ms. Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org FACE meets the 3rd Thursday once a month at 3pm.