Fa la la la la - we're getting ready for our Winter Concerts! Please join us in the Grange at 11 a.m. for
music and merriment. Owls, Bears, and Butterflies will perform on Wednesday, December 12; Froggies, Ladybugs, and Bumblebees take the stage on Thursday, December 13.
- December 5: Last day of Wednesday By My Side Fall Session
- December 6: Last day of Thursday By My Side Fall Session
- December 6: Butterflies Field Trip to Brandywine River Museum
- December 7: Service Project Gathering & Tree Decorating Party to benefit Devereux's Kanner Learning Center, noon - 2 p.m. in the Grange
- December 12: Winter Concert for Owls, Bears, and Butterflies, 11 a.m. in the Grange
- December 13: Winter Concert for Froggies, Ladybugs, and Bumblebees, 11 a.m. in the Grange
- December 14: December Service Project Donation Drive deadline
- December 15: Parents' Afternoon Out (see more info below!)
- December 17 - January 1: Winter Break - NO SCHOOL or Extended Care
- December 19: GPC Holiday Party
- January 2: Classes & Extended Care resume
Message from the Head of School
I popped into the Grange during a rehearsal this morning and got a sneak peak of the holiday concert. The children have been working so hard, learning the songs in preparation for the big day. They are adorable!
Sometimes parents ask what they can do to help their children get ready. The best thing you can do is to tell your children to relax and enjoy themselves! Remind them that it's OK if they forget the words or drop their bells or shaker eggs. Just have fun! It's a joyous occasion and we want it to be one they will remember fondly.
A few quick details on the concerts, which will begin promptly at 11 a.m. both days in the Grange:
- Owls, Bears, and Butterflies perform Wednesday, December 12.
- Froggies, Ladybugs, and Bumblebees perform Thursday, December 13.
- Staff will be on hand to assist with parking, which will be limited to the lower end of campus.
- When the children finish performing, they will go back to their classrooms. Families will then be invited to go over to the Preschool building to enjoy refreshments. Parents can then take their children home from the classroom, or take them to Extended Care if they're registered for the Holiday Craft activities.
Speaking of Holiday Craft Week: just a quick clarification that the time for this popular event in Extended Care is 12 noon to 3 p.m. See more information in the Extended Care section below.
Finally, we hope to see you at our holiday ornament decorating party coming up at 12 noon on Friday. Each participant will make an ornament to donate to Devereux and another ornament to take home. We'll serve pizza and other snacks, too! We hope to see you there! Download the RSVP form below.
Have a great week!
Goshen Parent Community
A special parents' Holly Jolly Afternoon Out will occur on
Saturday, December 15,
from noon to 2:30 p.m. Download the flyer by
Lunch, snacks, and a craft activity is planned.
This event is open to all Goshen students and their siblings age 2 and up. Children must be 2 years old by 12/15. Any questions, please contact Jeanne at
Purchase your Christmas tree and support Goshen at the same time!
B&B Christmas Trees will donate 15% of every item sold to our school when customers mention Goshen Friends. The B&B Christmas Trees lot is
located next to the new CVS in Exton across from the Pour House and Whole Foods
. Please show them the flyer (
to download!) or just mention Goshen Friends School. Feel free to pass on this deal to any family or friends who purchase live trees for the holiday season! Wreaths and roping are also available.
Save the Date: The GPC's December meeting will be our traditional Holiday Celebration (adults only) on
Wednesday, December 19
(Snow/fire date: 12/20), at Jeanne Czubaroff's home. RSVP and sign up to bring an appetizer, drink, or dessert to share by
Holiday Craft Week
Monday, December 10!
his festive week, participants will make a different Etsy-style craft each day. Sign up for just one or two days, or join us for all five! The program takes place from noon to 3 p.m. Download the form to participate by
fill out, and return via your child's backpack to the attention of Patrice Brown.
Get the details on all upcoming programs by
To download forms for Extended Care, click below:
For questions about Extended Care, contact Patrice Brown at 610-696-8937 or
Support GFS with AmazonSmile
Support our school while shopping on Amazon - during the holidays and all year 'round! When you shop through
a portion of the purchase price will be donated to Goshen Friends School!
Just go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, before you begin shopping, select Goshen Friends as the charitable organization to receive donations - or click here to go directly to Goshen Friends' AmazonSmile page without searching. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation. Thank you!
Tree Decorating Party for Devereux
RSVP for our Tree Decorating Party this
Friday, December 7, from noon to 2 p.m.!
All Goshen families are invited to join us in the Grange to create special holiday ornaments - one to take home and one to hang on the holiday tree that we will be donating to Devereux's Kanner Learning Center. We'll provide pizza and drinks for all who attend! Please note: All children must be accompanied by a caregiver.
to download the RSVP form and return it via backpack to the attention of Patrice Brown. Thank you!