SPECIAL VOTERS MEETING and Informational Town Hall Meeting on March 29
A special Voters’ Assembly will take place on Sunday March 29 immediately following the single 10:00 Celebrate Grace worship service. The meeting will be held in the Multipurpose Room after the worship service and will begin at approximately 11:30 AM.
The meeting agenda will include:
- A vote to approve a Call to Victoria Swanson as a Commissioned Teacher for Grace Christian School as recommended by the Board of Elders
A Town Hall meeting will take place immediately after the Voters’ Action to share information on the following topics:
- Update on Grace’s 2019-20 fiscal year-to-date (budget and actual)
- Update on planning related to a change in governance to a Policy-Based-Governance model. This update will also include an informal ‘straw vote’ authorizing the Administrative Council and Elders to continue preparing revisions to the Constitution and By-Laws to bring this change to a formal Voters’ Assembly action later this year.
Additional meetings are scheduled as follows:
- April 26: Town Hall - Preliminary budget presented to congregation
- May 17: Voters Meeting - Budget approval
Grace Finance and Budget Updates:
In an effort to keep the congregation informed, please note the finance section on the back page. We have added year-to-date actual results compared to budgeted net income (loss) information. We will continue to include this information in Graceline for your awareness.
Grace Church Directory Updates
We have made a few updates to the directory and the new link is now available below. It is available for you a couple of different ways:
~ Download the directory with this link: tinyurl.com/Grace-Directory-2020
~ Contact Yoke in the church office to order a printed color copy: email@example.com or 760-745-0831. Suggested donation to cover our printing cost is $5. For any directory changes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-745-0831 ext. 7114.
Women’s Ministry Book Club
The book we will be reading for March’s book club is The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce. It is the story of a shop owner who chooses to carry only records in his shop, no CDs. Some people like it, some don’t, but he doesn’t care - it’s his choice! We will meet to discuss the book on March 18th at Judi Anderson’s home at 7pm.