A Note From:
JL POA Director of Security
Dear JL Residents:
One of the many great things about JL is our sense of community: working in partnership with the Members, Villages, the Golf Club, Marina, and the POA to meet common goals.
JL shares a challenge with other nearby communities, specifically, long delays at our security gates. For JL, the Indiantown Road gate is a major challenge with hundreds of vehicles coming through each morning, causing long delays and frustration for everyone. In response to your concerns, we set out to explore solutions and researched best practices at other gated communities.
A professional security program is not developed in a vacuum, but instead is developed strategically. As we discussed in several Chronical publications as well as at the POA Annual Meeting, the first phase of our strategic approach was implemented last summer with a very successful launch of GateAccess.net.
As promised, this summer we are implementing the Vendor ID Card System. The new Vendor ID Card System is now operational and exceeding our performance expectations! Not only is this process faster, it provides a higher level of information about the vendor. Security vets service providers ahead of time for a valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and company information, as well as a signed agreement to follow JL rules and traffic devices. A photo of the service provider is retained in our system. Service providers will also have to remain on a resident’s list for their card to remain active.
Many of the surrounding communities use the same in-house system that we selected for Jonathan’s Landing. Under the new system only the driver is required to have a JL ID card. This is to prevent the system from being overly burdensome to service providers and to allow us the flexibility. We believe this is an effective forward-thinking approach.
How the Vendor ID Card System Works
- Support from our service providers themselves has been overwhelmingly positive as it prevents them from sitting in long lines at the security gate. To date, over 500 Vendor ID cards have been issued to service providers. Vendors are asked to come to the Indiantown Road Gate between the hours of 7:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M. Monday - Friday. In addition, a bilingual officer is available, if needed.
- The cost is $40 per card and the card is valid for 1 year. Only the drivers are required to have a card and needs to produce a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- All vendors are required to apply for a card if they enter JL more than twice in one year.
- All vendors are required to be authorized by an owner for entry.
- GateAccess.net and Fast Access Pass are the preferred methods to admit contractors for expedited entry. (Directions for how to use both of these methods are listed on our website www.jonathanslandingpoa.com.)
- If you are unable to use the GateAccess.net System, you may authorize a vendor by calling the automated system at 561-747-2800.
- The busiest hours at the gates are Monday – Friday, 7:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M. and 12:00 Noon to 1:00 P.M. Please refer all guest entries to the South Gate during these peak hours to move your guests through quickly.
- Please let security know immediately if you would like a vendor removed from your list or you can remove them yourself through GateAccess.net.
- Consistency in following these guidelines is important to keep the lines moving, and it allows us to monitor who is entering our Community.
Thanks to your support, JL security has achieved a new, higher standard. Vessels are now monitored as they enter our waterways; fences have been added and repaired; motion detectors monitor small boats attempting to go under the Casseekey Island Bridges.
Our GateAccess.net system increases reliability, efficiency, and transparency of gate entries. Now with the Vendor ID Card System, in tandem with GateAccess.net, we have increased the speed of processing vehicles.
In addition to all of the above, work has started on the perimeter camera system, which is anticipated to be completed by October.
Thank you for the kind words of support that so many of you have given. Working together, we can make our JL Community an even better living environment.
Michael Keyes, CPP
Director of Security, JL POA