Assistant Store Manager in a bustling gift shop and coffee bar at Aurora Farms.
This gift shop is home to more than 75 Ohio small businesses. The right candidate will have a passion for crafting or making and have a love for entrepreneurs and small business. This position will require you to be a cashier and barista, as well as stock, straighten and face displays. You will interact with customers and help them with their questions regarding merchandise.
There is potential for advancement in the future.
Must have a minimum of three years retail management experience, must be available weekends and must be 18+
• Opening and closing the store.
• Making sure that the store is always clean and properly organized
• Attending to customer requests or inquiries in the store
• Collaborate with ownership on setting and achieving goals
• Submit purchase orders for inventory based on current levels, availability of new products and customer interest
• Display merchandise to maximize purchasing appeal
• Organize sales and product demonstrations
• Interact with customers and resolve complaints or grievances
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent organizational skills
• Basic computer skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Superior attention to details
• Inventory management history
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively lead staff, help customers and work with upper management
• Great customer service skills, including patience and active listening, to ensure customers feel heard and helped
• Presentation skills and knowledge of best visual and marketing display practices
• Conflict management skills to resolve customer issues effectively
• Exceptional time management skills to set realistic deadlines and follow specific steps to reach time-sensitive objectives
• In-depth knowledge of the store’s merchandise, its exact location, and its prices