Dear Church Family,
Excited! I will see you at the Fort on Sunday at noon (if we don’t get rained out). Or, I will see you online, which is ALWAYS an option regardless of the weather.
MEET ME AT THE FORT – THIS SUNDAY
Let’s meet at our Fort McKinley Campus parking lot by noon for a one-block prayer walk to our worship location (will have bus rides for those seeking assistance). Other important notes:
- Bring a towel, blanket or folding chair for your seating, along with food donations for the Fort McKinley breakfast ministry.
- Apply sunscreen. (hopeful thinking here)
- Bring your mask.
- Expect music, word, communion and friendly folks!
- Help us pray over Pastor Jon Morgan and his family as he prepares to move on next week to his new God assignment. (We will also be honoring Jon in online worship this weekend.)
This is a "shine only" event. Watch our Ginghamsburg and Fort McKinley Facebook pages and the “breaking news” on the Ginghamsburg home page as of 1pm Saturday for cancelation information.
NEW OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF JESUS’ MISSION
We want no child within our reach to go to bed without faith, family or food. Here are some great ways to start on this God-dream.
Loving on Foster Children
Do you know that foster kids being moved from home to home are often handed a garbage bag for transporting their few personal belongings? These precious kids deserve better. Ginghamsburg Church is committed to make it happen. I want to invite you to be a part. There are three different ways you can make a difference.
- If you like to work with your hands, join our comfort blanket team. We will meet in the Avenue, where there is plenty of space for social distancing, to prepare blankets on Sunday, July 19 at 9am. Register now.
- Let’s provide kids with duffel bags and comfort items that will help them feel loved and valued. Click here to see the list of what is needed. Bring your contributions on Sunday, July 12, 9am-noon to drop off in front of our Tipp City Campus main building, or bring them inside at the Fort on July 12 between 9-11am.
- We will then pack the duffel bags with love and prayer – along with the donated items – on Sunday, July 19, at 10:30am in the Tipp City Campus Avenue. Let us know you are coming at this link.
And it’s not too late to…
- Partner with our local schools on outdoor projects THIS Saturday, June 27, starting at 10am. Register here, and choose your location.
- Partner with the Trotwood Library to distribute food to children in our area each Wednesday, this summer. Register now.
HEADING BACK INTO THE ROOM – JULY 12
As I shared last week, we are carefully moving forward on our return to in-room worship. If you live close by, come worship with us in person on Sunday, July 12! Our staff and volunteer teams will be wearing masks, and we encourage you to take care of others by bringing yours as well. We’re doing several other things to help with your safety – like installing bipolar ionization in our HVAC system and being sticklers about our sanitation practices. If you want to continue to worship safely at home, you will still find an online worship experience each week that has been optimized for you.
Here are the new in-room times again…
Sundays at 9, 10:30 and 11:59am (Next Step)
Sundays at 10am
Soul Food Café to Go at 8am
ginghamsburg.org/live & facebook.com/ginghamsburg
Saturday, 5pm & Sunday, 9 and 10:30am
Saturday 5pm and then on demand ongoing
: Last week 218 households said “yes” to Jesus through their tithes and offerings – always one of the most crucial and life-transforming ways to support the mission. Total offering was $54,208. Thank you! Five of the last six weeks of giving have been well below budget, but we place our trust in Jesus – not spreadsheets. I also recognize, and am praying for, all who are unable to give right now because of the pandemic’s economic impact. I encourage you to rest in this truth - God knows both your heart and your current financial circumstances. Be well. If we can help you as your church family, let us know how.
THIS PAST WEEKEND IN WORSHIP
Unique Facebook views: 2763
views over the weekend: 290
THIS WEDNESDAY’S WEBISODE – PASTOR JON
This week, Rusty sits down with Pastor Jon Morgan for a beautiful walk down memory lane over Pastor Jon’s seven years of serving with our Fort McKinley and Tipp City families. Tune in this Wednesday at 1pm at
Our next two webisodes will also be essential “must views” as we talk and walk you through our plans for returning to onsite worship. You will want to learn what God – and your staff and servant volunteer teams – are up to.
NEW TEXTING SERVICE
Add 937.358.6710 to your cell phone address book. It’s our nifty new tool for making connections with one another easier. For instance, whether you are worshiping in the room or online with us, text “Check-In” to let us know you are with us in worship. If you bring a guest with you, encourage him or her to text “New” to the same number. Its use will grow over time, but using it now will place you proudly and successfully in that “early adopter” category. Good job!
SUMMER - NO BETTER TIME TO STRENGTHEN YOUR FAITH
, register now for our four-week
core class. It’s the first step on the journey to membership, but it’s also perfect for anyone simply wanting to learn more about God, the Bible and what Ginghamsburg Church is all about. The first class is Wednesday, July 8 at 6:30pm. Register
Kids and families
sign up now
for our virtual VBS! The registration deadline for getting your VBS kit is rapidly approaching.
THAT’S A WRAP
I could keep going, but I think it’s best we stop there for today. If you are feeling overwhelmed by your choices for connecting into what God is doing in and through the Ginghamsburg Church family, how about considering these priorities?
- Worship with us either at the Fort or online. We need each other. Hear the word, sing, give back toward God as you are able.
- Choose one way to serve – with your hands, your feet, your voice or your bank account. Together we are Christ’s physical body in the world.
- Pray for your church, Pastor Jon Morgan and the Morgan family, your faith family and your neighbors.
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5:16, ESV
God bless you…