A CSPD is a framework to improve the quantity, quality, and effectiveness of the early childhood intervention workforce in order to optimize outcomes for young children with disabilities/delays and their families.
A CSPD is designed to address the need for a qualified and competent workforce in early intervention and early childhood special education.
The CSPD includes:
- Recruitment and retention of personnel
- Alignment of state personnel standards, licenses, and certifications with national standards
- Comprehensive pre-service programs of study at Institutions of Higher Education (IHE) for all disciplines
- Continuity of in-service professional development opportunities for all disciplines
- Leadership for the sustainability of a CSPD