Are You Covered?
Having the Proper Insurance Coverages for Child Care Providers
Whether you are just getting started owning your own in-home Child Care Center or have been in business for years with multiple licensed Centers, having the right risk management and insurance in place is a true must for early childhood education programs. While Insurance is the lead on your best protection, you will also want to work with someone who can provide you with policies, procedures, safety manuals and other risk management tools to help alleviate any injuries, accidents and eventual lawsuits.
The most important insurance policies that a child care program needs include:
- General Liability - responds to allegations such as slips, falls, and accidental injuries.
- Property – responds to allegations against damage to your building and contents, including theft of property.
- Professional Liability – responds to allegations of care or lack of care provided.
- Abuse & Molestation – responds to allegations of abuse and molestation against the organization and employees.
- Auto – responds to liability and property damage.
- D&O + EPLI – responds to allegations regarding decisions the entity makes and first and third party claims of sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and discrimination.
- Workers Compensation - responds to allegations for injuries to employees.
At The Glatfelter Agency, we have several markets that specialize in the Child Care space and a wealth of experience in working with both the In-Home and Child Care Centers. For more information, please contact Heather Bowlin, Account Executive at 717-849-4932.