Latest news & updates
As we work through what is an unprecedented event in the history of our country, our community, and our school, the news is changing rapidly. We want to keep you as informed as possible as the news becomes available to us and keep you abreast of the changes to our upcoming school events.
We want to assure you that the decisions made are in the best interest of our students, staff, faculty, and PCA families. We are closely following the recommendations of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), MDHHS (Michigan Department of Health and Human Services), the Michigan Department of Education, and local government agencies. As directed by Governor Whitmer; we will be limiting large gatherings of 100 people or more on our campus effective today. We will immediately inform you of the next steps in our plans as they relate to travel, trips, school events and activities, educational responses, and more.
Travel & Trips:
All upcoming trips, Costa Rica, Washington, D.C., and the Creation Museum are being evaluated on a case-by-case basis, as we follow our government's response and the international community's response to COVID-19.
Following President Trump's travel ban to Europe, and the recommendations from the CDC, we are requesting that anyone returning from Europe or any other CDC Level 2 or higher area self-isolate (quarantine) for at least 14 days before returning to Plymouth Christian. The best source for country-specific health information is on the CDC website. You can track updates regarding travel restrictions and warnings online at
Effective March 12, the following changes have been made to our school calendar:
- The 4th & 5th-grade volleyball game on Thursday, March 12, has been canceled by Novi Christian. Stay tuned for continuing changes.
- PCA's Got Talent has been canceled and will be rescheduled
- Boys Basketball District Final has been postponed per breaking news from the MHSAA
- 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th-grade meetings scheduled for March 16 have been canceled
- Clue! On Stage, planned for March 20 & 21, has been canceled and will be rescheduled
- PCA's Open House on March 23 has been canceled
- Grandparent's Day on March 27 has been canceled
- Elementary Field Trips will be determined on a case-by-case basis
Updates in School Operations
Effective March 12, the following changes to our routine will be implemented:
- Chapel for both elementary and secondary will take place in smaller groups. Secondary students will meet with their SLR groups and elementary students will meet in their classrooms, utilizing resources such as RightNow Media biblical video instruction with prompts.
Ongoing Educational Plans
Please be assured that PCA administration and teachers have been working for the past few weeks to prepare and provide our students with a robust and academically challenging online instruction if we face a temporary school closure. A letter detailing our online learning program, preschool through 12th grade, will be available tomorrow.
We genuinely care about every member of our school community and we remain steadfast in our faith and prayerful during this challenging time in our world. I’m reminded of 2 Timothy 1:7 as we trust in the One who holds our future.
“God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.”
This communication reflects our most updated information as of today, March 12th, 2020. We will provide you with any updates to these operations in real-time via email, our social media channels, and our website. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.