While planning a business' security measures, many owners or managers carefully map out which doors they want locked down or where they’d like video cameras installed. However, they often fail to spend any time or properly budget for another critical component of building security.
Employee and visitor identification (badge) systems should be an integral component of your company’s security plan. Most access control systems have built-in capabilities for designing and printing employee badges. Mobile devices, such as iPads, can be used for visitor check in by scanning driver's licenses for badge creation.
Consider a few important reasons to provide ID badges for all people that have access to your workplace:
If You Have a Standalone System
- Visual acknowledgement of granted access
- Get rid of sign-in sheets that provide no proof of identity and depend on honor system for accuracy
If Employee and Visitor Management is Maintained Within Your Access Control System Software
- Pre-screen visitors against felony and sex offender lists
- Pre-register visitors and use your security system to restrict or control access (optional)
- Display employee and/or visitor pictures on guard monitor at entrance through access controlled doors (Hospitals/Schools/Lifecare)