MONDAY March 22: In person hybrid learning at Oak
21 Day Challenge continues today! Day 16... Attitude of Gratitude
Write or email a note of gratitude to a teacher.
TUESDAY, March 23: In person hybrid learning
21 Day Challenge Day 17...Happy Heart
Draw a large heart and sketch things you love inside of it.
Ms. Reynolds to present to current 6th grade Los Al @ home students regarding 7th grade electives @ 11:30 via Zoom
WEDNESDAY March 24 : Distance learning all students today!
21 Day Challenge Day 18...Let it Go!
It's ok to say you're sorry. It's also ok to forgive and forget. Write it down.
Ms. Reynolds to present to current 6th grade At Oak students regarding 7th grade electives in all science classes
THURSDAY, March 25: In person hybrid learning. 21 Day Challenge Day 19...Keeping Score
Write down the names of 5 people you admire and list the traits you admire about them.
Ms. Reynolds to present to current 7th grade Los Al @home students regarding 8th grade electives 11:30 via Zoom
FRIDAY, March 26: In person hybrid learning. 21 Day Challenge Day 20...Connect Four
The power of connection: Increase it x 4!
- Make eye contact
- Greet person by name
- Ask a question (how was your weekend?)
Mark your calendars:
SPRING BREAK: APRIL 5-9
DISTANCE LEARNING DAYS: APRIL 14, 15, AND 16
CONFERENCE CALL IN BEGINS MARCH 29
CONFERENCES ON APRIL 15, 16
PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES ARE COMING TO OAK
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR CONFERENCES
- STUDENT Schedule for 4/12 through 4/16 :
- Monday, 4/12: Hybrid Learning Schedule for in-person students (Cohort A: 8:35-11:15, Cohort B: 12:15-2:55)
- Tuesday, 4/13: Hybrid Learning Schedule for in-person students (Cohort A: 8:35-11:15, Cohort B: 12:15-2:55)
- Wednesday, 4/14: Distance Learning for all students 8:30-12:51
- Thursday, 4/15: Distance Learning for all students 8:30-12:51--conferences available after 1:00pm.
- Friday, 4/16: Distance Learning for all students 8:30-12:51--conferences available after 1:00pm.
How to Schedule a Conference: Beginning on Monday, March 29
- All families (LosAl@Home and Oak) may call our school office between the hours of 9:00am and 3:30pm beginning Monday, March 29th. 562 7994740 ext. 76100
- Speak to the Oak Office staff about which teachers you would like to conference with.
- Oak Office Staff will schedule your conference(s) based on teacher availability.
- All conferences will be held virtually and teachers will provide links for parent access.
- Phone conferences are also available and parents may indicate their preference when they call.
- If all appointments are booked, or there is a scheduling conflict. You may email your child’s teacher(s) to schedule based on all parties’ availability.
Please let us know if you need any assistance. Thank you for your continued support of Oak Middle School.
March 31st: Career Assessment meeting with LAHS College and Career Counselor, Mrs. Barton during 8th grade Social Science
April 12th: HS Registration Materials and Videos sent out to families
April 14th: Live Q/A sessions with HS counselors
April 23rd: Ms. Reynolds to present to current 5th grade students regarding transition to MS and electives
April 26th/27th: 8th grade meets with HS Counselors via Core
Oak Olympics: March 29th - April 2nd...stay tuned for more information!