Pan-Fried Potatoes with Herbs
• 1 lb. baby potatoes, scrubbed clean
• 2 tbsp. avocado oil
• ½ tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
• ½ tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
• 1 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Slice potatoes into coins about ¼” thick. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and season with rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until potatoes are golden and crusty underneath, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip potatoes and cook until golden on other sides, 4 to 5 minutes more.
2. Sprinkle with garlic powder and chives, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 2 minutes more. Serve warm.
Spicy Beans and Wilted Greens
• ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained (optional)
• 4 chiles de árbol or 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
• 1 large onion, thinly sliced
• 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
• 1 sprig rosemary
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 Parmesan rind (optional), plus shaved Parmesan for serving
• 1 lb. dried white beans, soaked overnight, drained (or use 4 cans of beans)
• 1 bunch kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
• 1 bunch large flat-leaf spinach, trimmed, coarsely chopped
• 2 cups trimmed arugula, divided
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• Heat ¼ cup oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook anchovies, chiles, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until garlic is soft and anchovies are dissolved, about 4 minutes. Add onion, celery, and rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is very soft and golden brown, 8–10 minutes.
• Add Parmesan rind, if using, beans, and 10 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed, until beans are beginning to fall apart, about 3 hours. If using canned beans, add only 5-6 cups of water and cook until beans begin to fall apart, 20-30 min.
• Lightly crush some beans to give stew a creamy consistency. Mix in kale, spinach, and half of arugula; season with salt and pepper. Cook until greens are wilted, 5–8 minutes.
• Divide stew among bowls; top with shaved Parmesan and a drizzle of oil.
Recipe from: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/spicy-beans-wilted-greens