- 2 medium kohlrabi, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and julienned
- 1 sweet, crisp apple, peeled julienned
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, plus 1 teaspoon finely grated zest (from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced Fresno chile (or other medium heat pepper like jalapeno)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Separate stems from kohlrabi bulb, trim the ends, and peel away tough outer layer with a paring knife or vegetable peeler. Trim ends of the turnip and peel the skin. Peel the apple.
- Julienne slice (or alternatively, shred on a box grater) the kohlrabi, turnip, and apple.
- Whisk together lime juice and zest, chile, and oil. Season with salt.
- In a bowl, toss the kohlrabi, turnip, apple, and herbs with the dressing. Season with more salt, if desired; serve.