American Airlines Extends Elite Status
American Airlines is recognizing the loyalty of AAdvantage® members by extending their elite status amid reduced travel related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Changes include:
- Automatically extending elite status for AAdvantage members until Jan. 31, 2022. These updates will be reflected in member accounts in a few weeks.
- Reducing elite status qualifications for 2020.
- Extending Admirals Club® memberships purchased from American for 6 months.*
- Introducing up to $400 special credits for future travel on American Airlines Vacations packages for elite members.**
- Every dollar spent on an eligible AAdvantage co-branded credit card through the end of 2020 will count for one mile toward Million Miler℠ status.
- Award reinstatement fees waived for travel through September 2020.