You read me right!
The collective power of people in a collaborative community of believers in the marketplace is the currency in today's society.
The benefits of that currency include but are not limited to:
- Corporate prayer
- Idea generation
- Referral network
- Support and ability to help others
- Insight and advice
- Kingdom Commerce (intentionally doing business together)
- Access to experts
- Innovate by being ahead of emerging issues and trends
- Build trust and brand awareness
- Expand your network and circle of influence
- Get in front of your ICP (ideal customer profile)
- Lifelong friends
- Strengthen marketplace ministry
- Biblical strategies on how to do business God's way
This isn't anything new, it's Biblical. God did not design us to live in isolation or be buried in our work.
There are several verses in the Bible that talk about community. In Romans 12:4-5, we hear about humble service in the body of Christ.
For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ, we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
We are reminded about unity and diversity in the body again in 1 Corinthians 12:12.
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.
Hebrews 10:24-25 says it beautifully.
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.