The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is pleased to announce the release of The New EngageNY, featuring a more robust search, responsive design for better viewing on mobile devices, and streamlined navigation. EngageNY.org continues to serve educators and citizens by providing information and resources to help improve teaching and learning in New York.
In response to feedback from educators and the public, and guided by state-of-the-art data analytics, NYSED has redesigned the site to make resources - including the free, standards-based curriculum materials and hundreds of new videos - easier to locate, navigate, and share via social media.
The enhancements include:
- Enhanced search makes it easier to find resources
- Redesigned Learning Standard Search with linking to lessons and modules
- Responsive design to resize pages for viewing on any mobile device
- More direct links to ELA and Math Curriculum landing pages
- Easier to find ELA and Math curriculum materials with direct links to modules and lessons
- More intuitive buttons and links that are easier to find and use
- Improved breadcrumb navigation for better orientation and navigation
- New RSS Feed for alerting about changes made to curriculum lessons and modules
- Improved social sharing to Facebook, Twitter, and more
- Search through the new online Frequently Asked Questions directly from the top of the page