With all the infections going around- stomach bugs, colds, and skin infections- I am passing on a friendly reminder of the following practices:
- WASH HANDS often! This cannot be overstated, and is the primary manner in which we prevent the spread of infection.
- CLEAN all surfaces, commonly touched by hands, with a Lysol or bleach solution (bleach to water ratio of 1:9) often.
- Keep chapped skin and lips MOISTURIZED. Keep them from cracking or opening/bleeding by moisturizing and using lip moisturizer.
- DRINK lots of water - 8 cups per day on average, helps keep the body able to fight off illness on so many levels!
- Be sure to get exercise - enough cardiovascular to produce a SWEAT! This keeps the guard up for the body's immune system and can keep out the microorganisms that cause illness- also in so many ways too numerous to write here.
- EAT LESS PROCESSED FOODS (white flour, pastries, pasta, the like): these foods cause the body to produce phlegm, which creates a perfect environment for bacteria or viruses to take up residence and colonize.
These basic and simple things we so often neglect to do are what often can keep bacteria and viruses from entering our bodies. Stay Healthy!
Have a wonderful holiday break!