Join or Renew your CPWC Membership Today!
We are now registering members for the 2016-17 year. We have many exciting programs to offer!
CPWC Annual Membership is $50.
for more information. You can download the form and mail a check, or complete your information online.
Your Monthly News & Updates
A Special Update from the Co-Presidents
Danna Vach and Lisa Krueger welcome you to the Fall and October edition of the CPWC newsletter!
We have so many fabulous events this month, we hope to see all of your smiling faces at one or more of the events.
- We will learn to live well on October 21st with Julie Crow at the home of Natalie Epperson.
- Don't forget about First Friday on the 7th and Bunco on the 14th.
We wish all of you a fantastic fall that is full of cooler weather and fun times with friends and family.
if you have any questions.
We enjoyed having Kay Dodd as our speaker and entertainer for the opening luncheon! Kay spoke to our "Living" theme by creating an Acrostic for "Living Joyfully."
Joy is a choice
Yielding to something bigger then ourselves
Freedom creating (setting women free from anger, addiction, abuse)
Understanding in nature (seeking to understand others and for them to understand you.
Living to understand rather than to be understood, just to be there for each other)
- Loving to ourselves and others, (live by loving life and finding our purpose) & Laughing (because it's the best medicine, laughing at myself and with others)
You (be you, all of you, who you are and whose you are)
You can view the entire
of the event on our Facebook page!
October Luncheon "Living Energized"
10:30 am to
1:00 pm, at the home of Natalie Epperson (380 Cherry Hill Dr)
You won't want to miss our speaker, Julie Crow, a Certified Health Coach and Energy
Her session, "Living Energized," is dedicated to helping us understand how managing our personal energy is key for feeling great and leading a health
y and productive life. Julie will share simple ways we can maximize our energy and will leave us with actionable energizing tips
we can all incorporate into our own lives.
Save the Dates for Upcoming Events!
View Upcoming Programs
Nov 2-3: Art for the Park
- Nov 11: "Living Thankfully" - Normandy Cheeses and WinePairing
- Dec 16: "Living Gratefully"- Gift and Cookie Swap
- Jan. 20: "Living Thoughtfully"
- Feb. 11: Valentine's Gala at Atlanta Country Club
- Mar. 17: "Living in the Moment"
- Apr. 21: "Living in our City"
- May 12: Closing Luncheon
CPWC offers a myriad of Interest Groups. Learn more about some of the upcoming events e
ach group will be offering below, or visit the
NEW! Hiking Club: This new group met on Monday, Sept 19th for its
- Oct 17th at Kennesaw Mountain, then we will stop at Mountain Biscuit for a quick bite. Plan to meet at the ACC clubhouse at 7:30am for carpooling. Please RSVP by Oct16th.
- Nov 14th at Sope Creek
- Dec 5th at the Beltline
Garden Club: The first meeting will be
Wednesday Oct 5th.
The club will tour the unique garden and eclectic home of Lynne Weinberg. We will meet at ACC at 9:45 am and carpool to the Somerset Subdivision. Imagine an entire property with no traditional grass, only perennials!
As an artist, Lynne has designed sculptures for her garden, and her husband, a Doctor, has built all the hardscapes! She is hosting an gift and Art show with 18 vendors inside. Afterwards we will adjourn to a local restaurant for lunch, fellowship and to discuss the garden.
The Garden Club invites you to attend GIFTS GALORE & MORE 2016 show located at Lynn Weinberg's home, held on Oct 4th (11 am to 2 pm and 5-8 pm) and Oct 5th (10 am to 3pm). More information can be found on the
- Thursday, Nov 3rd: we will meet as a group, support Art in the Park, and learn from Master Gardner Landscape Designer Sandra Sandefur and Contemporary Basketry by Matt Tommey as they teach us to "Surround ourselves with Flowers".
The play group met Wednesday, Sept 21 at 11:00 am at the home of Debrah Watson (320 Dogwood Trail). Contact
about joining future activities (847.323.0248).
save these dates for our upcoming events. If you are interested in hosting the event, please contact
- Oct 7th - at the home of Liz Hall - 4616 Chattahoochee Xing SE Marietta GA 30067
- Nov. 4th - HOST NEEDED
- Dec 2nd - HOST NEEDED
- Jan 6th - HOST NEEDED
- March 3rd - HOST NEEDED
- May 5th - Missy Malmberg
In September (Thursday sat 10:00 am), we will be learning about "The Role of the Holy Spirit WITHIN" and how to listen to His warnings and
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-953-2066.
Evening Group: 3rd Thursday of each month. Co-chairs Pat Iaffaldano and Beth Armstrong are planning a diverse offering of speakers this year and hope to also include a couple of outings. Learn more about Evening Group.
Upcoming meetings include:
- Oct 18 at 7:00 pm - The group will meet at the home of Beth Armstrong, 595 Willow Knoll Drive. Scott Armstrong, a Financial Advisor with Edward Jones (and the son of our Evening Group co-chair Beth), will give us tips on managing our money and planning our financial futures. Please RSVP to Pat Iaffaldano.
- Nov 3 - Plan to attend the Artist Symposium at ACC, the second night of Art for the Park. Our neighbor and nationally acclaimed artist, Matt Moulthrop, will discuss his art of wood turning.
Daytime Book Club:
2nd Monday of each month at
. They usually meet at the home of a member, but occasionally at a different venue. The last meeting was h
d at Ellie Lacey's
home, in which the club discussed The Rainbow Comes and Goes
by Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt.
- Oct 10th at 10:00 am at Melissa Nicol's home (4505 Chattahoochee Plantation Dr. The club will discuss The Wright Brothers by David McCullough. If you would like to join us, please let Melissa know by Friday, Oct 7th.
- Please contact Susan Gavalis or Toni Brookner if you have an interest in joining the Daytime Book Club.
Bunco Night: Friday, Oct 14th at 7:00 pm.
The group will meet at the home of Ellie Lacey (4612 Crepe Myrtle Circle). Please bring an appetizer, beverage of your choice, $2 for the "pot" and a gift ($10 value) for the prize table.
Great night of fun, no prior experience required, easy to learn, all welcomed!
RSVP by We'd. Oct. 12 to
Evening Book Club and Evening Group
joined for a special event on Sept 20th! The two groups held a combined meeting at the home of Lynn Thompson.
Author Kimberley Kennedy, of "Left at the Alter" joined the groups for a conversati
on about her experience and her book. What a warm and inspirational woman she is!
Art for the Park
Our 4th annual Art for the Park is bigger and better than ever before! The event will be held on November 2 and 3 at the Atlanta C
This event includes free parking and admission and is
open to the public 10:30 am to 8:30 pm both days. Lots of special events and opportunities. Register now for the event!
We will have a special sculpture presentation by Matt Moulthrop, a local wood turner and
artist, on November 3rd at 6:30 pm.
Volunteer Opportunities for Art for the Park!
- Volunteers to play music during the event (from a child playing one song to teachers playing a repertoire for 30 minutes or longer)
We need your help! In order to fund the
AFTP event, we have established a notecard sale. The sale of the cards is our "SEED MOMEY" to help run the event.
The cards are photos of McFarlane Natur
e Park and there are 8 in a package for $10.00.
If you are interested the cards will be sold at the opening luncheon on
or you can contact Kim Sherk
or Lynn Thompson.