History of the Paragons' Mansion
1800s: Martin Kilmer, a shipping magnate, commissions a mansion from the highly recommended Samuel McIntire.
1861: At the outset of the American Civil War, Martin's grandson, Steven, donates the proceeds of his lands to the war effort and leaves for the front. He is killed in action, and his brother William inherits. The incident is played up in the local press as a heroic sacrifice, and the mansion gains some notoriety.
1874: The mansion is refitted to use natural gas fixtures.
1902: The mansion is refitted to use electricity.
1975: The Kilmer Mansion is entered into the National Registry of Historic Places.
1998: The then-current resident and owner of the mansion, Perry Kilmer, is killed during Hurricane Atlas. He leaves no heir, and the estate becomes city property. Rather than auctioning it off, the decision is made to place it under minimal maintenance and open it up for tours as an historic site.
2008: The tours wane in popularity and are shut down; the mansion is effectively abandoned.
2010: Memory (aka Jennifer Coleman-Davis) purchases the mansion and has it refitted for use by the Paragons. Particle moves in, to a degree.