The Power of a Single Color
There is a definite meaning associated with each color of the rainbow. Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. Red is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.
A few months ago E&E Exhibit Solutions was hired to create, design, and build the graphics and exhibit displays for a special annual corporate event. Above is a picture from the time lapse video of the installation of that event.
Notice the single color used for the hanging signs. The use of pink, a color associated with the Avon brand, permeated the entire event hall, bringing each different area together under the umbrella of a single color.
Benefits of Using a Single Color
What are the benefits of using one color, or a single color family in your marketing, webdesign and event graphics? From the ProBlogDesign we learn:
In our event project with Avon we were tasked with creating several different areas for the event hall; each one featuring an aspect of Avon's business such as make-up, fragrance, jewelry and home. Each area required different exhibit elements however, using their primary color of pink, we were successful in creating a cohesive environment.
- The colors can never clash, as there only is a single color. If choosing colors frightens you, a monochromatic design is a relatively safe option to choose.
- The design feels more minimal. The simplicity of the color scheme extends itself into the design. There is no contrasting and competing between different colors, and that peacefulness builds towards a more pleasant, minimal design.
- Allows you to emphasize important elements easily. Although the bulk of the design must be done using your monochromatic palette, you can use a contrasting color for the one or two things you want to stand out most.
Benefits of a Monochromatic Strategy
Continuing the use of a single color but adding contrast through the addition of white and black helps to develop a monochromatic scheme.
The Design Shack
shares some of the benefits of monochromatic colors:
Benefits of monotone color schemes include:
- One color automatically creates a sense of simplicity and harmony.
- It can be easy to design, because you don't have to worry about matching colors.
- It sets the scene for a minimal style that gives content room to shine.
- Monotone backgrounds allow contrasting elements room to be seen.
- Monotone color schemes provide some accessibility benefits when it comes to users with color blindness.
- Single-color can make an impression, especially with a strong or unusual base color.
Once you have determined your color scheme and created you
r files, the graphic specialists at
E&E Graphic Innovations
can produce your files in an almost limitless array of sizes and materials.
Give us a call to learn more about the graphic and large format digital printing services we offer.