(Graphic compliments of busbud.com)
COVID-19 Vehicle-Related Protective Measures from KidsAndCars.org:
Sanitize frequently touched surfaces inside and outside your vehicle including;
· Car keys & fobs
· Door handles
· Steering wheels
· Gear shift
· Radio, GPS & other buttons & dials
· Seat belts, car seats
· Cell phones
· Purses or diaper bags
· Travel cups/holders
Surfaces that are dirty (all of them) should be cleaned using soap & water prior to sanitization. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides a
of effective disinfecting products, but most common household disinfectants should be effective.
Use a disinfecting wipe or a disposable tissue when touching surfaces such as;
· Gas Pumps & key pads
· Public charging stations
· Parking meters
· Toll booths
· Drive through ATMS & other touch screens
· Pens at drive-throughs at banks, pharmacies, etc.
Using rideshares, taxis, trains or public buses;
· Avoid using rideshares or public transportation if alternatives are available
· Avoid touching as many surfaces as possible & keep your hands off your face
· Opt for using credit or debit cards instead of cash (money harbors many germs!)
· Sit as far away from other passengers as possible
· Bring sanitizing wipes and wipe down seat belts, door handles, arm rests, etc.
· Use hand sanitizer with at least 70 percent alcohol
· Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds as soon as possible after exiting any form of transportation
‘Childproof Your Ride’ program
helps educate families on the many dangers children face both inside and outside vehicles and provides proactive tips for families to stay safe. The program informs families about safety features they may not know exist on their current vehicle and advice about aftermarket products they can add to enhance the safety of their vehicle.
Prevention is the key to keeping our families safe. No amount of preparedness ever goes to waste.
KidsAndCars.org encourages parents and educators to visit the “
Childproof Your Ride
” website for specific information on how to protect children in and around vehicles and the
website for advice and the most recent updates and information about the coronavirus.