This week marks 40 years that the national SBDC has been helping small businesses. Over our long history, we have consistently helped businesses develop their initial plans, explore financial processes, navigate employee challenges, and much more.
In a comparatively short period of time, COVID-19 has had a tremendous impact on our small business community in Dane, Sauk, and Columbia counties. Many workers have moved to remote work, businesses are closed due to state and national regulations, and everyone is finding new ways of working in the current reality.
Through all of this, we at the SBDC are committed to helping you with planning during these uncertain times.
Over the last 40 years, we have seen the creativity of small businesses at work time and time again. In difficult times,
comes to the forefront.
SBDC Online Communications and Resources
At this time, there is a tremendous amount of news coverage surrounding COVID-19. With so much in the media and online, it can be overwhelming to try and filter through and locate the most valuable business information. During this time, we will provide you with curated content through two primary channels:
- Regular email communications providing you with tools, resources and guidance to help you keep planning. If you or a business owner you know are not currently part of our mailing list, you can join here to receive updates and reliable information.
- Quick pieces of information as we receive it on our Facebook and LinkedIn pages
- The Madison Chamber is also using a platform called Slido to enable local business owners to ask questions.
- To submit or vote up questions, visit Slido.com and enter the event code ASK4BIZ (not case-sensitive), or send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Chamber has compiled a group of experts to answer these questions; answers will be posted on their FAQ page. SBDC staff will be one of the experts contributing content to the page.
SBDC Business Consulting Appointments
The SBDC is still providing phone and online business consulting appointments to small businesses. We are here to support you in your work and planning, and the transition to remote work has not changed that fact. If you are currently an SBDC client, please reach out to your consultant to set up an appointment. If you are not a current SBDC client, please fill out our
to have a consultant reach out to you.
What we have learned over the years is that the many small business owners we work with display tremendous heart, investment in their community, and creativity in times of difficulty. Those values are still there in the heart of our work, and they will live on far past our present crisis. Stay healthy, and remember we are here for you.