Rector's Forum Update
The Rector's Forum will take a break in June, to return
. All are encouraged to join Fr. Dick in exploring our other
offerings in June. Explore the Bible in community in the Scripture Class, pop into the Art Room, or see if Malachi's needs a hand receiving deliveries. And, of course, you can always grab a cup of coffee and make new friends in the Parlor.
Wearing your name tag each Sunday is a form of hospitality. Please wear your name tag each Sunday. If you do not have a name tag, please sign your name on the Name Tag sign-up sheet located on the information table in the narthex.
Fun at Malachi's Storehouse
The children loved making cereal necklaces and enjoyed ice cream sundaes!
EfM Graduates Honored
Congratulations to Dana Dolan and Don Reddicks for completing the 4-year EfM course of study!
Following Christ as we welcome, nurture, love and feed all God's children.
Our Chicken soup ministry is delicious, home cooked and then frozen, a gift from our St Pat's family that's always ready when needed.
(A quart of soup and two casseroles for 2 people).
- If you believe a beloved has need for one of these gift boxes, for ANY reason, please go right ahead and ask them. If you receive a 'Yes" and can take the box next time you visit, please help yourself to one.
- The boxes (as shown) are stored in the kitchen freezer inside a larger grey box marked Chicken Soup. Please be safe, it can be slippery in there. Once delivered please bring the larger container back and return to the grey box for reuse.
- Contact Brenda Marquis, if you need help coordinating delivery. Thank-you to our wonderful delivery volunteers.
- Brenda will monitor the uptake of the boxes and together with Alison Forbes, organize replenishment when needed.
Perhaps you have experienced the power of this beautiful ministry when you were sick? Let's share this gift freely and often.
Personal Care Items Needed
Sundays in June and July we are once again receiving donations of personal care items for our Malachi community.
Sunday service as you come to receive communion, offer a gift of:
Deacon Postulant Victoria Jarvis has offered a beautiful service of foot and hand massage on Wednesdays. This service opened a window into how needed and appreciated personal care is. Bring your hotel soaps from your travels, buy an extra shampoo when you buy your family shampoo or have Amazon deliver it in bulk.
Thanks always for being so giving and generous!
St. Patrick's Discovery Weekend is August 24-26, 2018. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend. You will not want to miss this!
Camp Sew & Sew
Two Summer Camps at St. Pat's
These camps are designed to make usable, fun items and get to know each other in the process!
The first camp meets on
July 11th & 12th from 10:00am - 3:00pm
. It is for all
youth 6th - 12th grades
. Participants will make at least four projects! The cost is $50 for supplies.
The second camp meets on
July 13th from 9:00am - 12noon and is for 2nd - 5th graders. A parent should accompany each child. The cost is $25 for supplies and both parent and child will make at least one project.
Teachers, kids, youth, and people to assemble projects on July 10.
Sewing machines - Students, bring yours if you have one.
Additional sewing machines to borrow from parishioners.
A sack lunch and snacks to share!
Each camp is limited. Please email any questions and your application to:
Camp Sew & Sew
July 11th & 12th from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm and is for all youth 6th - 12th grades.
July 13th from 9:00 am - 12 noon and is for 2nd - 5th graders.
Christian formation classes for children and youth are on summer break.
Below is information for our adult classes.
- Scripture class, the Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, will meet at 9:00 AM in room 8. Walk-ins are welcome!
- Art Lab will be open for studio time in room 15.
- The Dream Class will not meet during the summer.
Plan to come a little early to grab a cup of coffee or tea and just socialize before the 10:30 AM service!
Our nursery will open at
10:00 AM during the summer and the Marias will lovingly take care of
our little ones. The nursery is in room 6.