November 18, 2018
The Episcopal Community Foundation for Middle and North Georgia will lead an informational session on the spiritual and material importance of supporting the poor and oppressed through legacy giving. Join us to learn more about how ECF and St. Patrick's can continue serving others through bequests, gifts from IRAs, life income gifts, and more. Everyone needs an estate strategy, and estates of every size can make a lasting contribution to help the church continue loving like Jesus.
This Sunday, our
will be The Rev. Lang Lowery.
Please join us!
Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 6:00pm
During our recent Foyers dinner party, hosted so graciously by Julian Williams at her beautiful new home, it was suggested for November we would meet for a dinner out on the town. Brenda Marquis has agreed to serve as hostess for the outing which will be held November 17, 2018 at 6 pm at the historic Colonnade Restaurant (1879 Cheshire Bridge Rd. NE) in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta. The moderately priced southern food restaurant often makes lists of locals' favorite restaurants in Atlanta and has been serving good food since 1927. We will sit together in groups of twelve but we will need to get an accurate head count-please RSVP to Brenda Marquis at
or Diane Rankin at email@example.com.
Also, please hold the date Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 4pm as we again plan to host a group Christmas outing to the always beautiful concert of Emory University Nine Lessons & Carols held at the Glenn Memorial UMC on the Emory main campus.
Yoga Is Cancelled on Monday, November 19 and Friday, November 23
If you have not already done so, it is not too late to submit a pledge card. You can find them in the pew racks or in the church office.
Ministry Announcements Schedule
We will be taking a bit of time each Sunday during the 10:30am service to share with you information about our ministries here at St. Patrick's. During this time, you may expect to learn about the purpose of the ministry, upcoming events, and how you can become involved. Below is the schedule of announcements for the next four Sundays:
November 18: Foyers
November 25: EfM
December 2: Ushers
December 9: Endowment Board
St. Patrick's was well-represented at our 112th Annual Council of the Diocese of Atlanta last weekend, hosted at Holy Innocents Episcopal School in Sandy Springs. In addition to our clergy, parishioners Elaine Perkins, Josephine Richardson and Alison Solomon served as lay delegates, and Kathryn Turman served with the vergers of the diocese as a teller for elections. Autumn and Bailey Toms joined the Youth of the diocese in leading our Saturday morning worship, and Catherine Renaud and Victoria Jarvis represented the Commission on Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking at its display booth.
We are so proud of Kathy Malcolm Hall, who received the Bishop's Cross for her work through Malachi's. She was selected as the person from the Northeast Metro Convocation who best embodied our diocesan purpose statement:
"We challenge ourselves and the world to love like Jesus as we worship joyfully, serve compassionately, and grow spiritually."
Youth Lock-In at Annual Council
Blessing Our Christmas Trees
During Advent, we sing,
O come, O come Emmanuel,
knowing that Emmanuel, God with Us is
We feel a sense of joyful anticipation that God may become ever more present to us.
Beginning this weekend, you will find burlap bags in the narthex that contain blessings to read before, during, and after you decorate your Christmas tree! Feel free to take one to share with someone else to help them remember and experience God's presence during the holidays, too!
Church Office Closure
Wednesday, November 21 at Noon - Friday, November 23
Advent Wreath Making and Chili Cook-Off
Sunday, December 2, 2018
After the 10:30 am Service
The Advent Wreath-Making and Chili Cook-Off is scheduled for December 2nd, immediately following the 10:30 service. Greenery and other supplies will be provided or bring your own to share. Chili contestants should sign up on the board in the narthex, or feel free to show up with any last-minute entries! Please bring any "fixin's" you would like to complement your chili.
SUNDAY MORNING OFFERINGS:
- Click here for registration form.
YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS - Click here for registration form.
Children's classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- Nursery - Room 6: Care for infants and children up to age four is provided on Sunday mornings in Room 6, 8:30am-noon, with the wonderful Marias.
- Little Lambs - Room 6: Ages 3 and 4 begin in the Nursery, and then move next door to an adjoining room for a half hour of story, craft, and music, after which they return to the nursery for additional play time.
- Agape - Room 4: Kindergarten through Fourth Graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News" and building community.
- Club 5/6 - Room 7: Fifth and Sixth graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News," building community, and preparing to move into St. Pat's youth program the following year. Teachers design fun "field trips" around the church as part of the lesson.
- Music - 9:00-9:10am Kindergarten through fourth grade in their Sunday School room
- Music - 9:25-9:45am Club 5/6 in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
Youth classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12: A major component of J2A is the way it is structured around Rites of Passage that mark the transition of young people from childhood to adulthood.
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3: This class begins a two-year preparation for a Holy Pilgrimage. This sacred journey has the potential to transform not just the young pilgrims who travel, but also the congregation who has sent them forth.
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14: The YEA class has learned to pray, to share their faith with each other and they have traveled to sacred places where others have found God. This last piece of the journey into adulthood seeks to actively equip and enable them to be a part of God's healing presence in the world. Confirmation is offered in this class.
- Music - 8:45-9:00am J2A and YEA in the Adult Choir Room
- Music - 9:10-9:25am Rite-13, playing the bells in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
Adult classes run from 9:15-10:15am.
- The Forum - Parlor: A book discussion group.
- Scripture Study - Room 8: The Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.
Join us in the parlor on Sunday at 9:15am for the Advent series
Journeying the Way of Love
. For more information, click here.
- Advent One: The Annunciation: Saying "Yes" to the Journey
- Advent Two: Mary and Elizabeth: Journeying with Family and Friends
- Advent Three: The Birth of John the Baptist: Journeying with Community
- Advent Four: The Birth of Jesus: Journeying with the World