Join us this Sunday and hear from our guest prea
he Rev. Dr. Mike Tanner. Fr. Tanner comes to us from Boone,
where he is recently retired after nine years as Vicar of Holy Comfort
er Episcopal Church in Atlanta. He will be available in the Parlor for the
Rector's Forum (our only formation class on Sunday).
Bring Your Pledge Cards on Sunday
We will be offering our pledge cards to God during the services. Please bring yours with you or pick one up on Sunday, to join in our communal outpouring of thanks to God!
Stewardship In-gathering and Thanksgiving Potluck
Please plan to join us on Sunday, November 19th! Bring your pledge cards with you to the service to be blessed. Then stay for our Parish Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch after the 10:30 am service. St. Patrick's will provide the turkey and a vegetarian option.
Like last year, please bring your favorite side dish to share and/or a dessert.
To access the 2018 pledge card, please click here.
The Rev. Sarah Fisher Installation:
Hi St. Pat's friends! I would love to see some of your faces at St. Catherine's on November 15th! With love, Sarah/Mofi.
John Ray - Postulant Deacon Extraordinaire Is Leaving Us For Pastures New:
John will join the congregation of Holy Comforter for Advent I. He has been a presence indeed amongst us and will be sorely missed. Please join the Clergy and Vestry in saying thank you, goodbye and God Bless! We will have a reception in his honor after the 10:30 service on
Sunday Nov 26th.
John Ray with his fellow pilgrims on their Pilgrimage of Presence to El Refugio.
There will be no formation classes on November 19 and November 26.
Yoga with Mother Julia:
There will be no yoga classes on Monday or Friday the week of Thanksgiving.
Look who participated in training! Thank you for your willingness to serve!
Note: Missing from the picture is Kathryn Turman and Pat Finlan.
Our Delegation at Diocesan Council:
Water photos by Carter Cooper.
Note: Missing from the picture is Carter Cooper, Wayne Ware, and Ramsay Hall.
We will not have Christian Formation Classes on Nov. 19 or 26; however, the nursery will be open!
What are your plans for Advent? Saint Pat's has two inter-generational events for you!
December 3 - First day of Advent!
Our St. Patrick's family will make Advent wreaths and light the first candle together.
We will enjoy chili from our famous St. Pat cooks! What do we need?
1. Greenery (drop off at the Parish Hall door)
2. Chili (all categories)
3. Sides for chili (cheese, sour cream, etc.)
4. AND YOU!
r 10 - Stories, Hot Cocoa, and St. Nicholas!
Come learn abo
ut this Saint, put your shoes out for treats, and enjoy this time together! What do we need?
2. Cocoa a
nd cookie makers
3. AND YOU!
Sign up sheets are available in the narthex and in the parish hall.
Malachi's has advanced to Round 4 in the Charity give-away!
We are now in the Top 3!
Our competition is Arthritis Foundation and Susan G. Komen, and we CAN win this with YOUR help!
Please vote and share this link on Facebook, Instagram or in an email with family and friends.
You can only vote one time per round per email address. Round 4 ends Monday, 11/27 at midnight.
Now is your chance to vote, even if you didn't vote previously!
Please take 2 minutes to vote for Malachi's TODAY!
1. ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS.
2. SELECT 'MALACHI'S STOREHOUSE' FROM DROP DOWN LIST OF CHARITIES.
3. ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Come Join the Team at Malachi's!
We are so grateful for the opportunity to build community around the giving and receiving of food.We have a couple of volunteer openings. See if these sound rewarding and fun.
1) Join the kitchen team helping to clean-up after lunch. Dish drying and tidying up. Hours : 11-2:30ish. Under direction of Elaine Judge (and lots of other fun peeps) as Team Lead.
2) Join the Nave Team that welcomes our clients and assists with traffic flow in the Storehouse. Hours 11:00-1:30p. Under direction of gracious host Bonnie Dykes and other welcoming saints.
3) Bathroom assistant. Whaaaaat???? Yup- Malachi's Storehouse volunteers clean 7 bathrooms at end of day on Wednesday and we need a couple more hearty souls who will help the place sparkle for the Wednesday night dinner/programs guests. Extra jewels in your crown are included. This job is currently staffed by who gets the shortest straws on Wednesday.
to chat about your place in this fun and rewarding ministry. The first step is taking a tour and chatting about what it takes to be part of the team. #serveandhavehappymoments
Baptism class is being offered at 9:15 am in room 1 on December 3, 10, and 17. If you or your child would like to be baptized, please see Becky Beal or email her at
. The baptismal service will be January 7, 2018 at the 10:30 am.
Save The Date! Foyers Christmas Gathering December 2, 2017 at 4 pm
Continuing our annual tradition, the combined Foyers groups of St. Patricks will gather at the Glenn Memorial Auditorium on the Emory University Campus for the holiday favorite "Emory University Nine Lessons & Carols". Featuring the combined university choruses, this Emory tradition since 1935 features sacred choral music as well as popular holiday classics in a candlelit service. After the concert, we will gather at a nearby popular restaurant to complete this Foyers season in style. Group rate tickets have been bought for $15. Please reserve your ticket to this event at
404 702 8928
for additional information.
Advent Quiet Morning; Led by Mother Julia with Music by Ramsay Hall:
An Advent Quiet Mornin
g will be offered on
9 from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m
. Coffee and light fare will be available at
with song and silence beginning promptly at
Join us for a time of Advent quiet, reflection, and music here at St. Patrick's. If you are able, email Mother Julia ahead at
. Otherwise, just come, dear hearts.
A 7:30 a.m. yoga offering is available if there are at least five people interested ----- for this please speak with Mother Julia by Thursday, December 7.
P.S. You may also simply come to yoga and know that all is well.
December 2 - Foyers Christmas Gathering, 4 pm
December 3 - Advent Wreath Making, 5-7 pm
December 6 - Moravian Lovefeast, 7-8 pm
December 9 - Advent Quiet Morning, 8:30 - 11:30 am, Parents' Night Out, 1-6 pm
December 10 - Stories, Hot Cocoa, and St. Nicholas, 4-5 pm
December 13- Advent Songs and Silence, 7-8 pm
December 15 - Malachi Toy Party Set-Up, 6-7:30 pm
December 16 - Malachi Toy Party, 1-5 pm
December 17 - Pageant Rehearsal in Nave After 10:30 Service Until 2:30 pm
December 17 - Blue Sunday Service, 7 pm
December 24 - No Christian Formation Classes
December 24 - Christmas Eve Services
8 am - Holy Eucharist
10:30 am - Holy Eucharist
5 pm- Holy Eucharist with Nativity Pageant (Family Service)
10 pm - Holy Eucharist and Choral Prelude
December 25 - Christmas Day
10:30 am - Holy Eucharist
January 6 - Epiphany Party, 5 pm
Attention, Attention, May I Have Your Attention Please:
The deadline for Shamrocks and bulletin submissions has been moved. All submissions are due to Cowen Harter, by
Monday at 1pm.
Anybody and everybody is invited to send St. Patrick's news and pictures to Cowen at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a ton of really good stuff happening within our family so let's not be shy about sharing the news!
Our next Wednesday night program is the Moravian Lovefeast on 12/6.
Our nursery is available at 8:45 am. All children/youth classes begin promptly at 9:00 am. Adult formation classes begin promptly at 9:15 am.
CHILDREN/YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
- The Nursery - Room 6
- The Alleluia Class (Kindergarten-2nd Grades) - Room 4A
- The Agape Class (3rd-5th Grades) - Room 7
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
- Rector's Forum - Parlor: Join us for a discussion with The Rev. Dr. Mike Tanner, guest preacher for In-Gathering Sunday.
- Scripture Study with Marigold Watson - Room 8: Getting Personal with Scripture.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up. Book making and Visio Divina, along with other opportunities.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.
Save the Dates:
- Family Advent Wreath Workshop and Chili Cook-Off, December 3 (5-7 pm)
- Stories, Hot Chocolate and Saint Nicholas, December 10 (4-5 pm)
- Christmas Pageant Rehearsal, December 17 (12-1:30 pm)
- Holy Eucharist with Christmas Eve Pageant, December 24 (5 pm)
- Happening, November 17-19, Camp Mikell. More info and registration here.
- Jr. DYC, December 1-3, Camp Mikell More info and registration here.
- Confirmation, December 10, 4 pm, Cathedral of St. Philip.