Yoga Is Cancelled
Friday, November 9, 2018
Church Office Closure
Monday, November 12, 2018
Yoga and Centering Prayer Will Meet on Monday, November 12, 2018
(Even though the church office is closed.)
If you have not already done so, it is not too late to submit a pledge card. You can find them in the pew racks or in the church office.
Ministry Announcements Schedule
We will be taking a bit of time each Sunday during the 10:30am service to share with you information about our ministries here at St. Patrick's. During this time, you may expect to learn about the purpose of the ministry, upcoming events, and how you can become involved. Below is the schedule of announcements for the next four Sundays:
November 11: Vestry
November 25: EfM
December 2: Ushers
December 9: Endowment Board
Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 6:00pm
During our recent Foyers dinner party, hosted so graciously by Julian Williams at her beautiful new home, it was suggested for November we would meet for a dinner out on the town. Brenda Marquis has agreed to serve as hostess for the outing which will be held November 17, 2018 at 6 pm at the historic Colonnade Restaurant (1879 Cheshire Bridge Rd. NE) in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta. The moderately priced southern food restaurant often makes lists of locals' favorite restaurants in Atlanta and has been serving good food since 1927. We will sit together in groups of twelve but we will need to get an accurate head count-please RSVP to Brenda Marquis at
or Diane Rankin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please hold the date Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 4pm as we again plan to host a group Christmas outing to the always beautiful concert of Emory University Nine Lessons & Carols held at the Glenn Memorial UMC on the Emory main campus.
Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 9:15 am
The Episcopal Community Foundation for Middle and North Georgia will lead an informational session on the spiritual and material importance of supporting the poor and oppressed through legacy giving. Join us to learn more about how ECF and St. Patrick's can continue serving others through bequests, gifts from IRAs, life income gifts, and more. Everyone needs an estate strategy, and estates of every size can make a lasting contribution to help the church continue loving like Jesus.
Sign-Up Deadline is December 16, 2018
The sign-up sheet is in the narthex. Please sign up now.
SUNDAY MORNING OFFERINGS:
- Click here for registration form.
YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS - Click here for registration form.
Children's classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- Nursery - Room 6: Care for infants and children up to age four is provided on Sunday mornings in Room 6, 8:30am-noon, with the wonderful Marias.
- Little Lambs - Room 6: Ages 3 and 4 begin in the Nursery, and then move next door to an adjoining room for a half hour of story, craft, and music, after which they return to the nursery for additional play time.
- Agape - Room 4: Kindergarten through Fourth Graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News" and building community.
- Club 5/6 - Room 7: Fifth and Sixth graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News," building community, and preparing to move into St. Pat's youth program the following year. Teachers design fun "field trips" around the church as part of the lesson.
- Music - 9:00-9:10am Kindergarten through fourth grade in their Sunday School room
- Music - 9:25-9:45am Club 5/6 in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
Youth classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12: A major component of J2A is the way it is structured around Rites of Passage that mark the transition of young people from childhood to adulthood.
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3: This class begins a two-year preparation for a Holy Pilgrimage. This sacred journey has the potential to transform not just the young pilgrims who travel, but also the congregation who has sent them forth.
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14: The YEA class has learned to pray, to share their faith with each other and they have traveled to sacred places where others have found God. This last piece of the journey into adulthood seeks to actively equip and enable them to be a part of God's healing presence in the world. Confirmation is offered in this class.
- Music - 8:45-9:00am J2A and YEA in the Adult Choir Room
- Music - 9:10-9:25am Rite-13, playing the bells in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
Adult classes run from 9:15-10:15am.
- The Forum - Parlor: A book discussion group.
- Scripture Study - Room 8: The Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.
Join us in the parlor on Sunday at 9:15am for the next series of The Forum, based on Adam Hamilton's book,
Half Truth's: God Helps Those Who Help Themselves and Other Things the Bible Doesn't Say
Half Truth Topics Include:
- Everything Happens for a Reason
- God Helps Those Who Help Themselves
- God Won't Give You More Than You Can Handle
- God Said It, I Believe It, That Settles It
- Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin
While you are of course welcome to purchase the book, you can also simply come and join the conversation. We will be reading the book together aloud.
We hope you will join us!