Stewardship In-gathering and Thanksgiving Potluck: Please plan to join us on Sunday, November 19th! Bring your pledge cards with you to the service to be blessed. Then stay for our Parish Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch after the 10:30 am service. St. Patrick's will provide the turkey and a vegetarian option. Like last year, please bring your favorite side dish to share and/or a dessert. Your Parish Events team will also need some volunteer help, please:
a) kitchen prep and receiving of dishes starting at 9 am
b) set out of food right after communion
c) and of course no feast comes without the need of
If you would like to help on the day, please ping Alison Forbes (
or 678-644-5553) so we can plan more effectively.
To access the 2018 pledge card, please click here.
DYC: Let's give a hearty shout out to our youth and the leadership they are providing!
Natalia - Diocese Youth Commission
Andrew - Diocese Youth Commission
Lyndyn - Elected Representative for Council
Autumn - Diocese Youth Commission
Children Update: Our wonderful children showing their thankfulness for all that God has given them!
Attention, attention, may I have your attention please:
The deadline for Shamrocks and bulletin submissions is being moved. All submissions are due to Cowen Harter,
by Monday at 1pm.
Anybody and everybody is invited to send St. Patrick's news and pictures to Cowen. There is a ton of really good stuff happening within our family so let's not be shy about sharing the news!
The Rev. Sarah Fisher Installation: Hi St. Pat's friends! I would love to see some of your faces at St. Catherine's on November 15th! With love, Sarah/Mofi.
MALACHI'S HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO WIN $5000
AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are participating in a charity give-away for Atlanta non-profits which is based on a multi-round voting process. We made it to Round 3, thanks to your votes! Please vote again!
You can only vote one time per round. Round 3 ends today (Wednesday), 11/8 at midnight.
Now is your chance to vote, even if you didn't vote previously!
Please take 2 minutes to vote for Malachi's TODAY!
Follow this link to vote:
1. ENTER YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS.
2. SELECT 'MALACHI'S STOREHOUSE' FROM DROP DOWN LIST OF CHARITIES.
3. ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Come Join the Team at Malachi's!
We are so grateful for the opportunity to build community around the giving and receiving of food.We have a couple of volunteer openings. See if these sound rewarding and fun.
1) Join the kitchen team helping to clean-up after lunch. Dish drying and tidying up. Hours : 11-2:30ish. Under direction of Elaine Judge (and lots of other fun peeps) as Team Lead.
2) Join the Nave Team that welcomes our clients and assists with traffic flow in the Storehouse. Hours 11:00-1:30p. Under direction of gracious host Bonnie Dykes and other welcoming saints.
3) Bathroom assistant. Whaaaaat???? Yup- Malachi's Storehouse volunteers clean 7 bathrooms at end of day on Wednesday and we need a couple more hearty souls who will help the place sparkle for the Wednesday night dinner/programs guests. Extra jewels in your crown are included. This job is currently staffed by who gets the shortest straws on Wednesday.
to chat about your place in this fun and rewarding ministry. The first step is taking a tour and chatting about what it takes to be part of the team. #serveandhavehappymoments
Tonight is our last Wednesday Night Bible Study and Lectio Divina, 7-8 pm in the Parlor. We will have Advent programs on Wednesday nights on 12/6 (Moravian Lovefest) and 12/13 (Advent Songs and Silence).
Our nursery is available at 8:45 am. All children/youth classes begin promptly at 9:00 am. Adult formation classes begin promptly at 9:15 am.
CHILDREN/YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
- The Nursery - Room 6
- The Alleluia Class (Kindergarten-2nd Grades) - Room 4A
- The Agape Class (3rd-5th Grades) - Room 7
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
- Rector's Forum - Parlor: Join us for a discussion of Journey To Generosity.
- Scripture Study with Marigold Watson - Room 8: Getting Personal with Scripture.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up. Book making and Visio Divina, along with other opportunities.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.
Save the Dates:
- Advent Quiet Morning, December 9, 9-11 am. More information will follow.
- Diocesan Youth Lock In, November 10-11, Gainesville, Georgia. More info and registration here.
- Happening, November 17-19, Camp Mikell. More info and registration here.
- Confirmation, December 10, 4 pm, Cathedral of St. Philip.
- Family Advent Wreath Workshop and Chili Cook-Off, December 3 (5-7 pm)
- Stories, Hot Chocolate and Saint Nicholas, December 10 (4-5 pm)
- Christmas Pageant Rehearsal, December 17 (12-1:30 pm)
- Holy Eucharist with Christmas Eve Pageant, December 24 (5 pm)