Ministry Announcements Schedule
We will be taking a bit of time each Sunday during the 10:30am service to share with you information about our ministries here at St. Patrick's. During this time, you may expect to learn about the purpose of the ministry, upcoming events, and how you can become involved. Below is the schedule of announcements for the next four Sundays:
October 21: Stephen Ministry
October 28: Art Group
November 4: Acolytes
November 11: Malachi's Storehouse
We Need Candy....Lots of It!
In order to make Trunk or Treat a huge success, we need your help. Please donate bags of candy to be distributed during Trunk or Treat. Your donations should be dropped off in the church office.
Donations have already starting arriving and we are so grateful!
Girl Scout Troop 29414
A big thank you goes out to Girl Scout Troop 20414 (Bailey's troop) for coordinating and suppling the plants and seeds for the winter garden at Malachi's. The girls planted collards, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, snap peas and more!
The following had a terrific time at New Beginnings this weekend:
Book Discussion Group--Grateful by Diana Butler Bass
Join Bonnie Stephenson and Sharon McWhorter in a discussion about the transformative power of gratitude based on the book
Grateful by Diana Butler Bass.
The program will be held on the following Fridays from 10:00-11:30am in the Gathering Room:
October 19, and November 2
You will want to read this book and join in our lively discussion. The book is available on Amazon. There are also two copies in the St. Patrick's library. An outline of the sessions can be found in the Narthex on the information table.
Chalice, Cheese and John O'Donohue
Saturday, October 20, 2018
7:00 - 9:00pm
oin us in the parlor to read and discuss the poetry of John O'Donohue. Please bring a plated appetizer and beverage to share as well as your own chalice. Friends are encouraged and welcomed!
Trunk or Treat Followed by Games Night with Spaghetti Dinner
Sunday, October 28, 2018
Trunk or Treat from 3:00-5:00pm
Games Night with Spaghetti Dinner at 5:00pm
This year we are pairing our annual Trunk or Treat festivities with Games Night and Spaghetti Dinner! WOW! Two events for the price of one! And by the way, the price is FREE! You are guaranteed to have a fun time so mark your calendar now! You will not want to miss out on this!
The Feast of All Souls' Day
Friday, November 2, 2018 at
We will celebrate The Feast of
Souls' on Friday, November 2 at 7:00 PM. We will remember our beloved departed on this
Souls', we particularly recall those who have died within the past calendar year.
We will also remember them in our All Saints' liturgy on Sunday, November 4, 2018.
Sunday, November 4, 2018
Thanks to all those who could participate in Sunday's Town Hall meeting. We are now compiling the results from that meeting. Watch for feedback in a letter from Fr. Dick this week.
On November 4th, we will celebrate together as we remember those who so generously nurtured us in the past and those who share God's abundant blessings with us today.
Stewardship cards will be blessed during both services.
Saints will be feasting as well! You
are invited to bring a family favorite dish to our Ancestors Casserole Potluck after the 10:30 service. Consider dressing up as your favorite saint!
Many thanks to all who have volunteered their time to help make this meal possible. There are still openings available for helpers to set up on Saturday afternoon November 3rd and to cleanup after the event on
Anne Duncan (770 454-9053) to volunteer to be a part of this team.
We would be delighted to have you join us.
SUNDAY MORNING OFFERINGS:
- Click here for registration form.
YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS - Click here for registration form.
Children's classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- Nursery - Room 6: Care for infants and children up to age four is provided on Sunday mornings in Room 6, 8:30am-noon, with the wonderful Marias.
- Little Lambs - Room 6: Ages 3 and 4 begin in the Nursery, and then move next door to an adjoining room for a half hour of story, craft, and music, after which they return to the nursery for additional play time.
- Agape - Room 4: Kindergarten through Fourth Graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News" and building community.
- Club 5/6 - Room 7: Fifth and Sixth graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News," building community, and preparing to move into St. Pat's youth program the following year. Teachers design fun "field trips" around the church as part of the lesson.
- Music - 9:00-9:10am Kindergarten through fourth grade in their Sunday School room
- Music - 9:25-9:45am Club 5/6 in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
Youth classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12: A major component of J2A is the way it is structured around Rites of Passage that mark the transition of young people from childhood to adulthood.
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3: This class begins a two-year preparation for a Holy Pilgrimage. This sacred journey has the potential to transform not just the young pilgrims who travel, but also the congregation who has sent them forth.
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14: The YEA class has learned to pray, to share their faith with each other and they have traveled to sacred places where others have found God. This last piece of the journey into adulthood seeks to actively equip and enable them to be a part of God's healing presence in the world. Confirmation is offered in this class.
- Music - 8:45-9:00am J2A and YEA in the Adult Choir Room
- Music - 9:10-9:25am Rite-13, playing the bells in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
Adult classes run from 9:15-10:15am.
- The Forum - Parlor: This fall we will begin with a book study of A Dangerous Dozen: 12 Christians Who Threatened the Status Quo but Taught Us To Live Like Jesus by The Rev. Canon C.K. Robertson, Ph.D. This class will be led by Mo. Julia. Books are available for purchase through Amazon.
- Scripture Study - Room 8: The Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.