Yoga Has Been Cancelled on
Friday, October 5, 2018
Blessing of the Animals
Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 4:00pm
The Church Office Is Closed on
Monday, October 8, 2018
Book Discussion Group--Grateful by Diana Butler Bass
Join Bonnie Stephenson and Sharon McWhorter in a discussion about the transformative power of gratitude based on the book
Grateful by Diana Butler Bass.
The program will be held on the following Fridays from 10:00-11:30am in the Gathering Room:
October 5, October 19, and November 2
You will want to read this book and join in our lively discussion. The book is available on Amazon. There are also two copies in the St. Patrick's library. An outline of the sessions can be found in the Narthex on the information table.
Bring Your Friends and Join Us for a Fun Evening at Kendra Scott!
Where: The Kendra Scott Store,
4400 Ashford Dunwoody Rd,
Atlanta, GA 30346
When: Tuesday, October 9th from 6 to 8pm
Details: Kendra Scott is donating 20% of all sales made during the party to Malachi's Storehouse!
There will be wine and appetizers served, fun people all around and pretty jewelry to try and buy!
What more could a girl, or guy, ask for?
Mark your calendars, share this invitation with many people, and we hope to see you on October 9th!
To see the pretty items available at Kendra Scott, visit their website:
Ministry Announcements Schedule
We will be taking a bit of time each Sunday during the 10:30am service to share with you information about our ministries here at St. Patrick's. During this time, you may expect to learn about the purpose of the ministry, upcoming events, and how you can become involved. Below is the schedule of announcements for the next four Sundays:
October 7: Greeters
October 14: Lectors and Intercessors
October 21: Stephen Ministry
October 28: Art Group
Rite 13 Rehearsal Dinner and Ceremony
Mondays at 1:15pm
Centering Prayer meets each Monday at 1:15 p.m. in the library. Please join us!
Fall Arts Retreat
October 12-14, 2018
Join the Arts Community for a creative and relaxing weekend on beautiful Lake Lanier at Hampton Hill Estate, a private, 18-acre estate less than 1 hour from church--all for us! There will be plenty of room and time to satisfy your every need for creativity, reading, hiking, or some good, uninterrupted contemplation. (Boat slip available!)
$100 deposit--due by September 23
$200 total cost--due by October 7
Total cost may be reduced, depending on number of people who sign up. Contact Diane Rankin for details at
Town Hall Meeting
Sunday, October 14, 2018
After the 10:30am Service
On October 14, we will launch the 2019 stewardship campaign to prepare our 2019 operating budget. We will do this with a town hall meeting immediately after the 10:30 service. This will be a time to share our hopes and plans for St.Patrick's . We will discuss how our generosity transforms us at St. Patrick's, beginning with a brief update on the 2018 budget and pledges.
Sundays: October 14, 21, and 28, 2018
The Gathering Room (room 1) at 9:15am
Are you interested in baptism? We will hold our next baptismal class for the three Sundays on October 12, 21, and 28 during the 9:15am formation hour. This class is for adults who are interested in being baptized, as well as for parents who are interested in their children or grandchildren being baptized. It is a fun class in which we not only explore the symbols and liturgy of the sacrament of baptism itself, but also talk about real life practical application of our baptismal covenant. Please join us! For additional information, please contact Mother Julia at
Chalice, Cheese and John O'Donohue
Saturday, October 20, 2018
7:00 - 9:00pm
oin us in the parlor to read and discuss the poetry of John O'Donohue. Please bring a plated appetizer and beverage to share as well as your own chalice. Friends are encouraged and welcomed!
Diocesan Acolyte Festival
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Calling All Acolytes: Registration is open for the Diocesan Acolyte Festival, October 27 at the Cathedral of St. Phillip from 9:00am - 4:00pm. The $20 registration includes lunch and a snack. The registration deadline is October 12. Please contact Dana at
or 678-467-4098. More information and registration, click
Trunk or Treat Followed by Games Night with Spaghetti Dinner
Sunday, October 28, 2018
Trunk or Treat from 3:00-5:00pm
Games Night with Spaghetti Dinner at 5:00pm
This year we are pairing our annual Trunk or Treat festivities with Games Night and Spaghetti Dinner! WOW! Two events for the price of one! And by the way, the price is FREE! You are guaranteed to have a fun time so mark your calendar now! You will not want to miss out on this!
The Feast of All Souls' Day
Friday, November 2, 2018 at
We will celebrate The Feast of
Souls' on Friday, November 2 at 7:00 PM. We will remember our beloved dead on this
Souls', we particularly recall those who have died within the past calendar year. If you have lost someone dear to you within the past year, please send the name via email to Cowen Harter
by Monday, October 15.
We will also remember them in our All Saints' liturgy on Sunday, November 4, 2018.
All Saints Sunday
Sunday, November 4, 2018
After the 10:30 am Service
We will celebrate our In-Gathering with an ancestors casserole potluck meal. As we remember All the Saints, let us celebrate those closest to each of us by making a cherished family recipe for that meal.
SUNDAY MORNING OFFERINGS:
- Click here for registration form.
YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS - Click here for registration form.
Children's classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- Nursery - Room 6: Care for infants and children up to age four is provided on Sunday mornings in Room 6, 8:30am-noon, with the wonderful Marias.
- Little Lambs - Room 6: Ages 3 and 4 begin in the Nursery, and then move next door to an adjoining room for a half hour of story, craft, and music, after which they return to the nursery for additional play time.
- Agape - Room 4: Kindergarten through Fourth Graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News" and building community.
- Club 5/6 - Room 7: Fifth and Sixth graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News," building community, and preparing to move into St. Pat's youth program the following year. Teachers design fun "field trips" around the church as part of the lesson.
- Music - 9:00-9:10am Kindergarten through fourth grade in their Sunday School room
- Music - 9:25-9:45am Club 5/6 in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
Youth classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12: A major component of J2A is the way it is structured around Rites of Passage that mark the transition of young people from childhood to adulthood.
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3: This class begins a two-year preparation for a Holy Pilgrimage. This sacred journey has the potential to transform not just the young pilgrims who travel, but also the congregation who has sent them forth.
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14: The YEA class has learned to pray, to share their faith with each other and they have traveled to sacred places where others have found God. This last piece of the journey into adulthood seeks to actively equip and enable them to be a part of God's healing presence in the world. Confirmation is offered in this class.
- Music - 8:45-9:00am J2A and YEA in the Adult Choir Room
- Music - 9:10-9:25am Rite-13, playing the bells in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
Adult classes run from 9:15-10:15am.
- The Forum - Parlor: This fall we will begin with a book study of A Dangerous Dozen: 12 Christians Who Threatened the Status Quo but Taught Us To Live Like Jesus by The Rev. Canon C.K. Robertson, Ph.D. This class will be led by Mo. Julia. Books are available for purchase through Amazon.
- Scripture Study - Room 8: The Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.