Ministry Announcements Schedule
We will be taking a bit of time each Sunday during the 10:30am service to share with you information about our ministries here at St. Patrick's. During this time, you may expect to learn about the purpose of the ministry, upcoming events, and how you can become involved. Below is the schedule of announcements for the next four Sundays:
September 23: Eucharistic Visiting
September 30: Children's Formation
October 7: Acolytes
October 14: Greeters
Yoga Has Been Cancelled
Monday, September 24, 2018
Book Discussion Group--Grateful by Diana Butler Bass
Join Bonnie Stephenson and Sharon McWhorter in a discussion about the transformative power of gratitude based on the book
Grateful by Diana Butler Bass.
The program will be held on the following Fridays from 10:00-11:30am in the Gathering Room:
September 21, October 5, October 19, and November 2
You will want to read this book and join in our lively discussion. The book is available on Amazon. There are also two copies in the St. Patrick's library. An outline of the sessions can be found in the Narthex on the information table.
Saturday, September 22, 2018
9:00am - 12:00noon
Sheriff Pat and Deputy Doug need your help. We will be having a parish workday on Saturday, September 22nd, from 9:00am to noon. Bring your gloves and any tools that will be useful in clearing the Southeast area (where dumpsters are located) of our property of trash and underbrush. There will be dumpster for the collection of the trash. We will also be removing a dead tree by the playground.
In addition to cleaning up the property, we would like to get several storage areas organized.
There will be donuts and beverages.
Bring Your Friends and Join Us for a Fun Evening at Kendra Scott!
Where: The Kendra Scott Store,
4400 Ashford Dunwoody Rd,
Atlanta, GA 30346
When: Tuesday, October 9th from 6 to 8pm
Details: Kendra Scott is donating 20% of all sales made during the party to Malachi's Storehouse!
There will be wine and appetizers served, fun people all around and pretty jewelry to try and buy!
What more could a girl, or guy, ask for?
Mark your calendars, share this invitation with many people, and we hope to see you on October 9th!
To see the pretty items available at Kendra Scott, visit their website:
Fall Arts Retreat
October 12-14, 2018
Join the Arts Community for a creative and relaxing weekend on beautiful Lake Lanier at Hampton Hill Estate, a private, 18-acre estate less than 1 hour from church--all for us! There will be plenty of room and time to satisfy your every need for creativity, reading, hiking, or some good, uninterrupted contemplation. (Boat slip available!)
$100 deposit--due by September 23
$200 total cost--due by October 7
Total cost may be reduced, depending on number of people who sign up. Contact Diane Rankin for details at
Chalice, Cheese and John O'Donohue
Saturday, October 20, 2018
7:00 - 9:00pm
oin us in the parlor to read and discuss the poetry of John O'Donohue. Please bring a plated appetizer and beverage to share as well as your own chalice. Friends are encouraged and welcomed!
September 29: Rite 13 Rehearsal and Dinner
September 30: Rite 13 Ceremony at 10:30am service
SUNDAY MORNING OFFERINGS:
- Click here for registration form.
YOUTH CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS - Click here for registration form.
Children's classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- Nursery - Room 6: Care for infants and children up to age four is provided on Sunday mornings in Room 6, 8:30am-noon, with the wonderful Marias.
- Little Lambs - Room 6: Ages 3 and 4 begin in the Nursery, and then move next door to an adjoining room for a half hour of story, craft, and music, after which they return to the nursery for additional play time.
- Agape - Room 4: Kindergarten through Fourth Graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News" and building community.
- Club 5/6 - Room 7: Fifth and Sixth graders meet and use the curriculum "Living the Good News," building community, and preparing to move into St. Pat's youth program the following year. Teachers design fun "field trips" around the church as part of the lesson.
Youth classes run from 9:00-10:15am.
- The Rites of Passage Class (Rite 13: 6th-7th Grades) - Room 12: A major component of J2A is the way it is structured around Rites of Passage that mark the transition of young people from childhood to adulthood.
- J2A Class (8th-9th Grades) - Room 3: This class begins a two-year preparation for a Holy Pilgrimage. This sacred journey has the potential to transform not just the young pilgrims who travel, but also the congregation who has sent them forth.
- YEA (10th-12th Grades) - Room 14: The YEA class has learned to pray, to share their faith with each other and they have traveled to sacred places where others have found God. This last piece of the journey into adulthood seeks to actively equip and enable them to be a part of God's healing presence in the world. Confirmation is offered in this class.
We rejoice to announce that Nathan Medley, our Director of Music, will also be working with the children and youth on a regular basis as a part of their Sunday morning Christian Formation.
8:45-9:00am J2A and YEA in the Adult Choir Room
9:00-9:10am Kindergarten through fourth grade in their Sunday School room
9:10-9:25am Rite-13, playing the bells in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
9:25-9:45am Club 5/6 in the Youth Music Room (Room 10)
ADULT CHRISTIAN FORMATION OFFERINGS:
Adult classes run from 9:15-10:15am.
- The Forum - Parlor: This fall we will begin with a book study of A Dangerous Dozen: 12 Christians Who Threatened the Status Quo but Taught Us To Live Like Jesus by The Rev. Canon C.K. Robertson, Ph.D. This class will be led by Mo. Julia. Books are available for purchase through Amazon.
- Scripture Study - Room 8: The Constitution of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
- Art Community - Room 15: Doing Art Looking Up.
- Dreams - Library: Listening to God.