Applications for student membership on the Delaware State Board of Education are due by July 2nd.
Applicants for the student Board member position must meet the following requirements:
- Delaware resident;
- 11th or 12th grade student during the 2021-22 school year;
- Attend a public school located in the state of Delaware;
- Committed to ensuring quality education for Delaware students;
- In good academic and attendance standing and eligible to participate in extra-curricular activities within your school district;
- Recommended by school staff;
Ability to provide your own transportation to and attend monthly State Board meetings held during this time period. Meetings are usually held at 5pm and last approximately 2-3 hours. Meeting locations rotate throughout the State of Delaware. At some times during this Board term, it is possible that meetings may be held electronically in accordance with the Governor’s State of Emergency or as allowed by State Code. A proposed schedule can be found here.
The student must submit a full application, including: an application form, confirmation of eligibility form, resume, and answers to essay prompts by 5 p.m. on Friday, July 2, 2021.