|Connect To Us
LIKE Us Follow Us
|HAVE YOU VOTED YET??
DO SO NOW,
CLICK ON THE PICTURE ABOVE,
SAINT LUCIA, FOR MOST ROMANTIC DESTINATION
YOU KNOW WE DESERVE IT!!
|Absolute Wedsite |
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board continues to support travel agents in the Canadian market and recently participated at the grand opening of ABSOLUTE WEDSITE, a new Marlin Travel branch in Vaughan, Ontario.
The travel agency event, which focused on destination weddings & honeymoons, was held on Saturday March 03rd and featured Tourist Board destination presentations followed by one-on one interaction time to generate sales.
Pictured here at the Saint Lucia table from left to right are Matthew Djorsev - WestJet/WestJet Vacations, Dianne Pedroso - Air Canada Vacations, Alison Theodore - SLTB Canada and Heidi Lord - Thomas Cook Canada.
|Jazz in the South
Jazz 2012 will be represent the 16th edition of the festival celebrated in the South of the island. As in previous years, Jazz in the South line-up will focus on Caribbean Jazz, featuring a number of prominent performers from Haiti, Saint Lucia, Cuba, Guadeloupe, the USA, France and Martinique, with one guest from Africa. More information is available on the website at jazzinthesouth.com.
In addition to a free concert at the Rudy John Beach Park in Laborie (1 May) and two concerts at Coconut Bay Resort and Spa (4 and 6 May), there will be three master classes and workshops.
|Manage Waste Wisely
Reduce by up to 50% the amount of waste sent to the dump. Save money by improving the use of materials and lowering waste disposal costs.
RECYCLE - Recycle paper and cardboard, glass, plastic, metals (aluminum, steel, copper, brass), used cooking oil, used motor oil, Place recycle bins throughout properly to allow guest to recycle whenever possible. Compost waste from kitchen and garden.
|SLAM is Now Here...
The Saint Lucia Tourist Board (SLTB) has launched Saint Lucia Agent Months (SLAM) to bring travel agents to Saint Lucia from June through October. Designed for travel agents to experience the destination first hand, the promotion includes booking incentives, special rates on accommodations and 50% off airfares on American Airlines. The goal is for agents to experience the island's diverse tours including land and sea attractions, enjoy Creole cuisine, and partake in local activities and conduct site inspections of Saint Lucia's hotels and resorts
"We continue to offer programs such as SLAM to strengthen the Tourist Board's commitment to our valued travel agent partners as we work together to increase arrivals to the island," says Nerdin St. Rose , Vice President Marketing & Sales for the Saint Lucia Tourist Board. "It is important the agents experience the island first hand and we look forward to welcoming them with our warm hospitality."
Participating SLAM hotels include Bay Gardens Beach Resort, Calabash Cove Resort & Spa, Coconut Bay Resort and Spa, Coco Palm, Discovery at Marigot Bay Hotel, Fond Doux Holiday Plantation, Habitat Terrace, Harmony Suites, Morgan Bay Resort, Royal by Rex Resorts, St. Lucian by Rex Resorts, Smugglers Cove Resort & Spa, Stonefield Estate Villa Resort & Spa, Windjammer Landing and Villa Beach Resort.
Excerpt from: SLTB PR
|Saint Lucian Roots in Top Model
UK born, Annaliese Dayes has strong ties to Saint Lucia. She is Daughter to Ms. Roslyn Gurly, and niece to Mr. Rudy Gurly, a Saint Lucian author and former Cable & Wireless General Manager. Her father, Mr. Ron Dayes from Jamaica, resided in Saint Lucia during Annaliese childhood. Annaliese thanks her Caribbean descendants for her jovial and feisty attitude, and states, "you are going to remember me, whether you like me or not, that's just me, memorable"
Annaliese is now a Contestant on America's Next Top Model (ANTM) Cycle 18 featuring the "British Invasion" - finalist contestants from Britain's 2009 franchise of the ANTM Brand. Making it through the past 2 rounds, Annaliese is eleven girls away from taking the coveted title.
ANTM has become the number one ranking show for fashionista's all over the world. The first cycle of the show premiered in May 2003 and has grown through the years, broadcasting in 25 countries, with 10 of them producing similar national shows. The ever evolving show has showcased many challenges and featured many models through the years, discarding the socio-cultural perception that all models must be size 0 and 6 feet tall. This has been evident by the presence of Plus Size and Petite participants, allowing young women of all ethnic backgrounds and body shapes to achieve their dream.
While ANTM has been criticized by various associations and magazines, Ms. Tyra Banks, the Executive Producer and host says, "We understand the influence 'Top Model' has on a generation of young people, and we want to make sure we get the right message to our audience."
|SLHTA Board Meeting
On March 2nd 2012 a Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association (SLHTA) Board of Directors Meeting was convened in the Eileen Paul Board Room at the SLHTA Secretariat. The meeting was called to order at 10:13 a.m. and the following Directors were present:
- Mrs. Karolin Troubetzkoy - President
- Mr. Noorani Azeez - Executive Vice President
- Mr. Ross Stevenson - 1st Vice President
- Mr. Daniel Belizaire - 2nd Vice President
- Mr. Sanovnik Destang - representative for Large Hotels
- Mr. Bobo Bergstrom - representative for Independent Restaurants and Food & Beverage Distributors
- Mr. Roger Joseph - representative for Utility Companies, Statutory Corporations & otherwiseunrepresented Service Providers
- Ms. Erwin Louisy - representative for Airlines, Travel Consultants, Destination Management Companies and Tour Operators
- Mrs. Agnes Francis - representative at large for Banks, Professionals, Educational/Training Institutions & other Allied Members
- Mr. Louis Lewis - Director of Tourism
- Ms. Cheryl Skeete - representative for Small Properties
- Ms. Yola St. Jour - Finance and Administration Officer/Board Secretary.
The following Directors were absent with excuse:
- Mr. Nicholas Pinnock - representative for High-End Boutique Hotels and Luxury Villas
- Mr. Andrew Simon - representative for Ground Transportation & Cruise Sub-sectors
- Mr. Bob Hathaway - representative for the Yachting and Maritime subsector
The Agenda charted for this Board of Directors meeting is as seen below:
- Call to Order and Welcome Remarks - President
- Minutes of Previous Meeting
- Matters Arising from Minutes
- Accounts Update: Presentation by Auditor - Richard Surage - PKF
- Presentation of Sector Performance Review 2011 - Louis Lewis - SLTB
- Progress Report on SLHTA's Booking Engine
- Annual General Meeting and President's Ball
- Calendar of Events Update
- Membership Matters