Be Aware of the Flu!
With the number of reported cases of influenza (seasonal flu) in our surrounding communities, now is a good time for some reminders of how we can keep ourselves and each other healthy.
for some helpful information from the CDC and check out our school guidelines and tips below.
- Sleep! Getting good quality rest at night is one of the best ways to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Water! Drinking water helps your body fight off germs and stay healthy.
- Washing hands! Proper hand hygiene helps prevent the spread of germs.
- No sharing! Germs are easily shared on water bottles, cups, eating utensils, and even pencils/pens/markers. It is best to avoid sharing these items to help avoid also sharing the germs.
If your child does become ill, please remember our "Stay Home" guidelines:
- If your child has a fever (100 degrees F and above), vomiting, or diarrhea within 24hrs please keep them home
- If your child is diagnosed with an infection, especially Strep throat or influenza (the flu), please alert Nurse D
Together we can help keep our community healthy!
Lauren Donadio, RN BSN
School Nurse - Health Teacher
Marblehead Community Charter Public School