Information on the approximate construction schedule for each noise wall is now available, as noted in the map.
The early work will be where the wall alignment is close to the roadway directly behind barrier. These early portions are planned to be completed during ‘major’ roadway work in those areas.
The remaining sections are where the noise wall alignment is closer to the right-of-way and allows access for crews in later stages after lanes of traffic are shifted to their final configuration.
- NW#20: Some work in Fall 2023, remainder in 2025
- NW#17: 2024
- NW#19: Some work in Fall 2023, remainder in 2024
- NW#16: Some work in 2024, remainder in 2025-2026
- NW#13: 2024-2025
- NW#15: Some work in Fall 2023, remainder in 2024
- NW#12: 2025-2026
- NW#9: Some work in 2024, remainder in 2025
- NW#11: Some work in Fall 2023, remainder in 2024
- NW#8: 2024
- NW#10: Some work in Fall 2023, remainder in 2024
In 2021, the project team concluded its noise evaluation, which studied noise impacts along the corridor and determined where noise walls were feasible. Noise walls will be built in areas where it has been determined that they will reduce noise by at least 5 decibels (dB). Those in residential areas who would benefit from a 5 dB reduction were categorized as "Benefitted Receptors" and voted on whether they wanted a noise wall in their area. Voting determined that 11 noise walls will be constructed in several designated areas from 151st Street to Indian Creek near 119th Street.