Dear Friends, Neighbors, and Residents:
While we do not want to rain on the Holiday parade, we have to face reality. As we all know, the COVID-19 Virus has flared up with a vengeance. The number of infections is increasing all around the country and indeed the world. Florida, Palm Beach County, and Palm Beach Shores are no exception. In the County, the daily test positivity rate has increased from 4.2 to 9.95% as of Wednesday. Anything over 10% is considered problematic. West Palm Beach, Mangonia Park, Riviera Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, and Jupiter are all hot spots (meaning there has been a significant increase of infection in these Towns); and we have three active cases in the Shores, but we are NOT considered a “hot spot”.
Against this backdrop, the Town management team met with the leaders of the civic organizations. All agreed that the Holiday events should proceed as scheduled, but with the following preventative measure:
- Facial coverings / Masks are mandatory (Per CDC guidelines)
- Social Distancing of a minimum of six feet - family units are considered one group
- Food and Beverage distribution will be pre-packaged or “contactless”, specified areas will be designated for food consumption; each area will be socially distant.
- Representatives from the community organizations will be primarily responsible for staff and attendee compliance. Many people from outside of Palm Beach Shores attend these events as well. Persons who do not comply with the health and safety requirements will be asked to leave the event.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
We all understand that such restrictions are a big “humbug”, but as it is said, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
The dates and essential information about the various Holiday events are detailed below. I hope you enjoy what will most certainly be a unique Holiday season, which we all will remember.