Praises & Prayer Requests
1. Praise: Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God. Psalm 43:4 (NIV)
2. Pray: And I heard the altar saying, "Yes, O Lord God, the Almighty, true and righteous are Thy judgments." Revelation 16:7 (NASB)
3. Pray: Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8 (NASB)
4. Pray: Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.
Hebrews 13:15 (NASB)
5. Pray: ...that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 1 Peter 1:7 (NASB)
Fanny Crosby has written a great hymn that seems to fit our thinking this morning as we talk about being near to the altar. Her hymn is called "Near the Cross."
Jesus, keep me near the cross, There a precious fountain
Free to all, a healing stream, Flows from Calv'ry's mountain.
Near the cross I'll watch and wait, Hoping, trusting ever,
Till I reach the golden strand Just beyond the river.
In the cross, in the cross
Be my glory ever;
Till my raptured soul shall find
Rest beyond the river.