Praises & Prayer Requests
1. Praise: He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29 (NIV)
2. Pray: Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
1 Chronicles 16:11 (NIV)
3. Praise: Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:11-12 (NIV)
4. Pray: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11 (NASB)
5. Pray: But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NASB)
Among the collections of John W. Peterson's wonderful hymns, I found this one called "It's Not An Easy Road." I would like for us to sing this as we conclude our worship this morning:
It's not an easy road we are trav'ling to Heaven,
For many are the thorns on the way;
It's not an easy road but the Saviour is with us,
His presence gives us joy ev'ry day.
It's not an easy road there are trials and troubles,
And many are the dangers we meet;
But Jesus guards and keeps so that nothing can harm us,
And smooths the rugged path for our feet.
Though I am often foot-sore and weary from travel.
Though I am often bowed down with care;
A better day is coming when Home in the glory,
We'll rest in perfect peace over there.
No, no, it's not an easy road,
No, no it's not an easy road;
But Jesus walks beside me and brightens the journey,
And lightens ev'ry heavy load.