Lee Ann Cochran
WEPAN President and Interim Director
Last month Lee Ann & Lora Leigh attended
ASAE Exceptional Boards training
focused on Strengthening the Governance Team. The program allowed for time to explore s
trategies to build the right team of leadership and enhance WEPAN's performance. They left better prepared on how to lead a highly functioning board, demonstrate visionary leadership, and ultimately lead WEPAN to new heights.
Lora Leigh Chrystal & Lee Ann Cochran
While we have an exceptional leadership team, creating a culture of continuous improvement will add value to our members over time. T
his training was the ideal opportunity to focus on the foundation WEPAN needs for our future. A few key takeaways they left with and are in the process of applying to WEPAN include:
- Key knowledge on how to improve our bylaws, policies and procedures
- How the tone in key leadership positions directly influences board performance
- Building trust, a safe environment and transparency is critical to long term success
- Actions we can take to make board meetings more engaging and focus on generative discussion over tactics
- Critical points to ensure we can onboard our new Executive Director and rotating board members
- Create more standard documentation for our committees to report consistently and clearly
ASAE fundamentals was part of the WEPAN culture for a long time and they look forward to bringing it back to ensure they utilize our staff and board to the best of their capability.