Praises & Prayer Requests
1. Pray: Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Proverbs 8:10, 11 (NIV)
2. Pray: Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8 (NIV)
3. Praise: Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)
4. Pray: I want to see your lives full of true goodness, produced by the power that Jesus Christ gives you to the praise and glory of God.
Philippians 1:11 (Phillips)
5. Praise: Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.
Hebrews 13:15 (NASB)
When songwriter Stuart Hamblen went to the Billy Graham crusade in Los Angeles and came to know Jesus Christ, he wrote a great hymn to tell his story. I would like for us to read the words and hum along and sing if you know the tune to "It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)":
The chimes of time ring out the news, another day is through,
Someone slipped and fell, Was that someone you?
You may have longed for added strength, Your courage to renew,
For I bring hope to you.
(There) is no night, for in His light you'll never walk alone,
Always feel at home wherever you may roam.
There is no power can conquer you, While God is on your side,
Just take Him at His promise, Don't run away and hide.
It is no secret what God can do, What He's done for others,
He'll do for you. With arms wide open, He'll pardon you.
It is no secret, What God can do."