Keeping Our Museum Safe is a Team Effort - help us keep the museum open and accessible to ALL.
Our actions to maintain a healthy and safe environment for visitors and staff during the COVID-19 virus alerts will be:
· Clean restrooms on a regular basis (three times a day) and keeping soap dispensers filled, as well as elevators and railings wiped down.
· Add hand sanitizers for visitors throughout our venue and make sure they are full and accessible at all times.
· Implementing sanitizing and disinfecting procedures for exhibitions several times a day – paying special attention to deep clean popular interactive areas.
· We have installed CDC posters around the museum with health information.
· Posters and staff communicate that all who enter the museum must wear a mask for their own safety as much as for the safety of other visitors and staff. All visitors, staff, interns, volunteers and visitors have to sign in every day they are at the museum at the entrance desk. This will enable contact tracing should this become necessary. . COVID-19 sanitizing stations and masks are available at the entry desk. All who enter must pay a $10 fee or be a member of the museum. We have free weekends every second weekend of every month but all are still required to wear masks. There will be no exceptions. Group tours need to remain small and must be arranged a week before visiting the museum. For group tours please reach out to email@example.com.
· STARTING NOVEMBER 1, 2020 Community events, meetings and programs on specific days will require that all attending the event, meeting or program need to have their group participants sign in and log their temperatures at the front desk.
· Interactive devices such as audio tours with interactive audio equipment will not be part of any tours. A Self Guiding Pamphlet will be available to all visitors.
For more information regarding standard museum safety practices please follow this link to the American Alliance of Museum's (AAM) website: