How SSA- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance WIPA can support SSA beneficiaries?
Community Based program from SSA to provide work incentives information and planning services to SSI and SSDI beneficiaries pursuing employment; ages 14 to 65. WIPAs provide assistance in the following areas:
– Orientation to understand SSI and SSDI benefits
– Orientation to understand Medicare and Medicaid
– Orientation about SSA work incentives
– Help to understand how employment will impact your benefits
– ensure informed choices
– get rid of fear in pursuing employment
– Individualized benefits verification & analysis
– Prevent and/or resolve benefits issues
– help identify needs & make referrals
• Exploring employment options
• Identifying local service providers
• Accessing community resources
– Assets building
– Follow-up services
Early intervention and education about benefits and work incentives helps prevent future problems (overpayment, unplanned or unexpected loss of benefits, financial hardships, etc.) Failure to educate on benefits is a missed opportunity which may cause harm.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
If you would like more specific information about work incentives, are currently receiving WIPA services or have been previously served by a WIPA project, our Certified Work Incentives Coordinators are here to help at: office (305) 453 3491. Serving South Florida: Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry Counties
Ticket to Work Helpline
For general questions about work incentives call the Ticket to Work Helpline at 1-886-833-2987 or TTY 1-866-833-2967 Monday- Friday 8:00AM-8:00PM.