The procedure is different than at school. Use the instructions below to help your student if he/she has difficulty.
Students MUST connect to the home wi-fi and then confirm the Zscaler CMS filtering service. This filtering service will prompt students to enter a network login, which is different from the Chromebook.
1. Turn off the Chromebook. No power. Leave it off at least 60 seconds.
2. Turn on the Chromebook.
3. Connect to your home Wi-Fi.
4. Log in to the Chromebook with user name = StudentID@student.cms.k12.nc.us password = student’s Chrome password.
5. Once you enter the first website, you will encounter the filtering service. Type in the user name: StudentID@cms.k12.nc.us
Example: 01234567@ cms.k12.nc.us
6. On the last screen of credentials, type in user name = StudentID@cms.k12.nc.us password (8 digit birthdate) = YYYYMMDD
Example: 01234567@ cms.k12.nc.us If birthday is 10/29/2006, then password = 20061029
The Chromebook should be ready to use.