Election - MUD Propositions
The two-week early voting period for the November 7th election began on Monday, October 23rd, and will continue through Friday, November 3rd. We encourage you to cast your vote either at an early voting site or on Election Day at a polling center.
One of the key items on the ballot are the Remington Municipal Utility District No. 1 propositions. Proposition A will allow the MUD to issue a bond for $75 million for water, sanitary water, and drainage facilities. Proposition B will allow the MUD to issue a bond for $27 million for recreational facilities which may include repairing the lake concrete edges, streetlights, sidewalks along Queenston and Tuckerton, and more. Proposition C & D, will allow the MUD to essentially refinance the bonds for a lower rate in the future.
The S-G Owners Association, Inc., Board of Directors supports all four (4) propositions. For the past 20 years, the responsibility of who should repair the lakes was in question. The MUD purported that the concrete lake edges were an amenity and therefore was the responsibility of the Association. The Association insisted the concrete lake edges were a structural component of the lake and the damages were caused by erosion and therefore the responsibility of the MUD per Detention Pond Maintenance Agreement signed by both entities in 2004.
If the Propositions are approved, the agreement will be terminated and the MUD will be fully responsible for the concrete lake edges, maintaining the fountains, ponds, and areas surrounding the ponds. The cost to repair the concrete lake edges along with adding sidewalks, lighting, plants, irrigation, park furniture, and fitness stations will be over $11 million.
To learn more about the propositions, please visit Remington MUD’s website at https://www.remingtonmud1.org.
Early voting hours of operation are scheduled as follows:
· October 23-28 – 7 AM to 7 PM
· October 29 – Noon to 7 PM
· October 30-November 3: 7 AM to 7 PM
There are several convenient early voting sites near our community:
· Richard & Meg Weekly Community Center (8440 Greenhouse Road, Cypress, 77433)
· Juergen’s Hall Community Center (26026 Hempstead Highway, Cypress, 77429)
Election Day voting hours on Tuesday, November 7th, are 7 AM to 7 PM. Before heading out to vote, be sure to check https://www.harrisvotes.com/Vote-Centers for the most up-to-date polling locations and status.
2024 Assessments & 2024 Budget
The Board of Directors for S-G Owners Association has worked diligently reviewing the 2023 expenses and anticipated 2024 expenses for the operation of the Association. In doing so, the Board of Directors has determined that an increase is necessary due to inflation. The 2023 Annual Assessment Rate will be $1,034.00, plus any fees that may be specific to your section. Please reference your annual statement for details related to your account as there may be additional annual fees depending on the sub-section of the Association your home is located, which may include a Gated Neighborhood Fee of $200.00.
Please see the below information, friendly reminders, and payment options.
· The Annual Assessments/Fees are NOT included as a part of your mortgage escrow.
· Assessments are due Annually on January 1st.
· Payments must be received and posted to your account no later than January 30th to avoid penalties.
· Late Fees will be processed on January 31st for any delinquent balance due.
· Payments will not be accepted at the onsite office, owners should use TownSq or mail payments directly to the lockbox, see below for more details.
ONLINE PAYMENTS: The fastest method to pay your assessment is online with your Bank Account/E-Check or Credit Card using the TownSq mobile app and website at https://app.townsq.io/login. The fees to pay online using your bank account/e-check is $2.95 per transaction and the fees to use a credit card is $2.95 plus 3.5% per transaction. These charges are from a 3rd party and cannot be waived. To register for access to TownSq, you will need your full account number (without the dashes) and property zip code.
MAIL PAYMENTS: Owners can mail payments to S-G Owners Association, Inc., c/o Principal Management Group of Houston, P.O. Box 650822, Houston, Texas 75265-0822. Please be sure that your account number and/or property address is listed on your personal check, money order or cashier’s check. If you mail payment to any other address other than what has been provided above or do not include your account number or property address on the payment, it will delay processing and you may incur additional late fees, interest, or other penalties. Please remember to allow ample time for USPS to pick up and deliver your mailed payment as well as time for processing of your payment to ensure it arrives before the due date. The Association is not responsible for lost mail. THE ASSOCIATION DOES NOT ACCEPT THE POSTAGE DATE AS THE DATE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
PAYMENT PLANS: Homeowners are required to contact Management to request a payment plan. Please contact us beginning December 1st, and a member of the management team can assist you. Homeowners must submit the signed payment plan agreement along with the minimum down payment of $300.00 must be received/deposited and posted to your account on or before the end of business on January 30th. Your account is NOT on an approved payment plan until you contact management and have returned the signed agreement along with the receipt of the minimum down payment. If you have any changes to your payment plan, such as changing your bank account or credit card information, or to update the credit card expiration date, etc., you must make these changes through TownSq. PAYMENT PLANS MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY APRIL 30, 2024.
LATE FEES & PENALTIES: Payments that are received after January 30th, will incur a late fee of $100.00. Late fees are posted on January 31st and monthly late interest will start to be added to your account beginning February 15th. In addition to the penalty fee listed above, all delinquent accounts will incur a $7.50 handling fee monthly, beginning February 15th.
DELINQUENT COLLECTIONS: Delinquent accounts will be turned over to the Attorney in May. Collection proceedings shall include property title search, reporting of your delinquent account to the credit bureau, filing of a lien against your property, and/or the referral of your account to the Association attorney for further legal actions, additional fees will apply. If your account is currently in collections with the attorney, and you have already established a payment plan for your existing delinquent balance, please contact their office directly to add the 2023 assessments to your existing payment plan.
BOARD MEETINGS: Please be advised that notification of the 2024 Associations’ Board Meetings will be posted online, and email alerts will be sent through the community website/mobile app, TownSq. To register please visit; https://app.townsq.io/login. Once you have access, you can instantly customize your communication settings to start receiving notifications – when and how you want! Owners can also access their account balance, pay online, receive community alerts/news/updates, and find important documents at your convenience.
Should you have any questions or comments regarding your account or other association related matters, please contact the onsite management team at 832-653-3763 or via email at email@example.com during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Due to issues out of our control, roving patrol has been suspended effective immediately. Patrols will resume on November 6, 2023, with our new roving patrol and guardhouse contractor, Star Protection. During this time, please contact the Harris County Sheriff's Office non-emergency number should you require assistance at (713) 221-6000. For emergencies, please contact 911. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
2023 Holiday Office Hours
November 22, 2023 - Closing at 2:00PM
November 23, 2023 - CLOSED
November 24, 2023 - CLOSED
December 22, 2023 - Closing at 2:00PM
December 25, 2023 - CLOSED
December 29, 2023 - Closing at 2:00PM
January 1, 2024: CLOSED
Towing Enforcement & Short-Term Leasing
The Board of Directors made some recent changes within the community, and we would like to introduce two new policies that will take affect immediately. The following are policies regarding Towing Enforcement and Short-Term Leasing (example: Airbnb & VRBO). Read highlights of each policy on the website, however, we encourage all residents to read each policy thoroughly.
Abandoned Vehicles - Non-Gated Sections
If you observe an abandoned vehicle in any non-gated sections, please immediately report the vehicle to the Harris County Sheriff's Department non-emergency at 713-221-6000.
As a friendly reminder street parking is not permitted. Street parking is our #1 complaint submitted by residents. Vehicles parked on streets, stacked/double parked in cul-de-sacs, in front of mailboxes, and at curves/turns/corners create hazards for other drivers as they cannot see around those vehicles. Please be sure that you are utilizing all the spaces in the garage and driveway to accommodate the number of vehicles they were built to hold. Vehicles parked on the street is a major concern for emergency responders and school buses as they have difficulty navigating through the community, especially the many sections that have narrow roads.
Please note that security is driving throughout the community and placing stickers on vehicles that are in violation of the deed restrictions.
- During the hours of 5:01 a.m. - 12:59 a.m., street parking is allowed only when the driveway is full.
- During the hours of 1:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m., street parking is NOT allowed.
- Guests of residents, including caregivers or domestic help, must park their vehicles in the driveway of the resident they are visiting unless the driveway is full.
- Service providers that are providing a service to a resident's lot (e.g., construction workers, landscapers, plumbers, etc.) may park on the street.
- Commercial vehicles may not be parked overnight in the neighborhood.
If you received a sticker on your driver-side window, please correct the violation by moving your vehicle out of the street and onto your driveway. If you are having a party or gathering, please contact the HOA via TownSq or firstname.lastname@example.org, and a temporary parking pass will be issued.
Please review the parking policy for your reference.
Having a gathering?
If you are having a party/gathering and will have many visitors, please let management know with the following information.
- Name and contact information
- Date of event
- Start and end times of the event
- Street/s you will be having your guests park on
Please be courteous to your neighbors, avoid blocking surrounding driveways, and keep noise levels to a minimum.
Please send your request to email@example.com.
Please be advised that our inspectors are scheduled every month for any violations of the deed restrictions. We have received reports about various concerns that need to be addressed, and the inspectors will look at all aspects of the property for compliance with the deed restrictions. Below are a few examples of what has been reported:
- Fences that are faded and need to be painted
- Fences that are rusted and need repairs
- Landscape Maintenance - overgrown, dead/dying grass, plants, and trees
- Items stored in the backyards
- Play structures that are broken and not being maintained
- Roof gutters that are broken
- Patio/Gazebo fabric covers that are faded, torn, and/or missing
MARK YOUR CALENDARS - 2023 UPCOMING EVENTS
November: Holiday Cookie Decoration Kit - November 6, 2023
Let's get into the holiday spirit! Come by the clubhouse, 11655 Canyon Green Dr, from 9AM - 5PM starting November 6, 2023, to pick up a gingerbread cookie decorating kit. Please bring your driver's license, bill, or other documentation to show proof of residency in Stone Gate.
Please send us pictures of your decorated cookie kits, and we'll showcase them on our website!
PLEASE NOTE: There is a limit of ONE cookie kit per household, not per child, while supplies last.
This is open for residents only.
We wish you and your family a happy holiday!
December: Cookies with Santa - December 16, 2023 - 10AM - 2PM at Sterling Banquet Hall
- 7&8 Pedestrian Gate: this gate is located along the rear of the rec center area, and the post was broken. The team re-paired the post, and it is now secured and no longer wobbly.
- Bluff Springs Pedestrian Gate: the maintenance team adjusted the hinges on the gate as it was not closing properly.
- The team assisted in setting up the great room for the Board meeting. After the meeting, all of the Board meeting signs were removed.
- SplashPad: the maintenance team replaced five photocells that were old and not working properly. In the men's room, they repaired one broken/loose toilet.
- Copper Cove Playground: the maintenance team trimmed some tree limbs that were overhanging the new solar light that was recently installed.
- The maintenance team worked on replacing two plugs in the clubhouse building.
- The flag was placed at half-staff in honor of the victims in Lewiston, Maine.
- One handicap tabletop at the Rec Center near the gym has been tightened.
- In section 7&8 on Silver Rush and Zinnia Dr, the HOA wrought fence has been damaged. The post holding the panel has been pushed to the side, almost as if someone is trying to squeeze through. The maintenance team has made the necessary repairs to the post.
- In Keystone Fairway, the maintenance team repaired a leaning stop sign post as well as repaired the leaning street sign.
- Island Shores: the maintenance team has replaced seven street signs i this section.
7&8 Fence Repair on Silver Rush & Zinnia - Before & After
Island Shores Street sign Replacements - Before & After
We are happy to announce that we are using a new work order program, MaintainX. Work order requests can now be submitted via this link on both computers and mobile devices. Once a request for a work order is submitted, the request can either be approved or denied. You will receive notifications for the request's status and when the work order is completed. Please submit any questions or feedback to the onsite staff by clicking here.
11655 Canyon Green Drive
Houston, TX 77095
Resident Services Office Hours:
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday | 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday | Closed
Sunday | Closed
Hybrid Board Meetings:
Board meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday of every other month at 6:00 pm at the Rec Center Clubhouse. Agendas are posted on the community website. Residents are welcome to attend. If you would like to get added to the Resident Forum, please email Management.
Office Number: 832-653-3763
Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Team:
Krystal Vigil | General Manager
Jennifer Hidalgo | Assistant Manager
Lee Hernandez | Administrative Assistant
Steffany Maldenado | Administrative Assistant
Manny Lopez | Maintenance Tech
Daniel Rodriguez | Maintenance Tech
Guardhouse Safety Number: