Each Merlin's KIDS service dog goes through extensive training before meeting their match, and once they meet their child, there are many more hours of training. The bond between child and dog is such an important foundation.
When a dog is placed, they have the minimum of these skills in their repertoire:
- public access
- restaurant and public venue manners
- well-behaved around animals and humans
- safe spot hold
- perfect leash walking
- mobility (when appropriate for size of dog)
- nose work - scent detection
- various levels of alerting to health conditions
- assistance with various tasks
- many more!
Join our social media through links below for pictures and info on our training in action!