O SAMOHI, DEAR OLD SAMOHI!
We're in the home stretch, and things are going fast and furious for the
Samohi Viking Marching Band! Right on the heels of the comp in Valencia on Thursday, we have another comp down in Anaheim this
Saturday, November 10.
Saturday's comp is the last of the regular season. The goal at this point is to improve our top three scores and head into the championships on November 17 with the best possible ranking.
Where Is the Tournament?
Important Times for Saturday
- 9:45 am: Call time at Samohi
- 5:48 pm: Vikings' showtime at Savanna High School
- Plan to arrive at least 30-45 minutes beforehand to allow for parking and seating. Entry is only allowed between each performance.
- 10:00 pm: Awards
- 11:30 pm: Pickup at Samohi, once truck is unloaded
For Students: What to Bring
- Water in a reusable container
- Your Dinkles and black socks (white socks for Front Ensemble)
- Royal blue practice shirt and shorts/leggings
- A packed lunch to eat at Samohi, snacks for later, and money for concessions. Dinner is served at competitions.
- School work and reading books for downtime
- Warm clothes to change into after your performance
For Parents: What to Do
- Drive out to cheer at the competition on Saturday. Tournaments run all day; our kids' show time is 5:48 pm. Entrance is $10/person at the gate; $8 for seniors and children.
- Cheer with your Viking Parents Tribe! Jump into the rabbit hole of Wonderland t-shirts in the stands!
- Take loads of photos and share in our Flickr Stream! Flickr login: samohiband; password: vikings100
- If you haven't yet, please donate to the marching band. Every dollar helps fund this amazing program, and it's 100% tax-deductible! You can send in a check to the Band Room [made out to "SMAPA," with "Marching Band" in the memo line] or pay online here: Direct Donation Payment.
Send us a line: