Help us celebrate
Martin Luther King Day of Service by replenishing our Backpacks on a Mission pantry for local students.
Here is our list of needs:
Peanut Butter (plastic) 18oz Jelly assorted (plastic) 20oz
Chewy Granola bars Snack Pack pudding assorted
Instant Oatmeal-variety packages Breakfast Bars - variety
Canned or Cups Ravioli of Mac and Cheese Individual packages chips/cookies
Individual PB or Cheese crackers Individual cups of fruit or applesauce
Cereal, assorted small boxes Fruit Snacks, individual
Peanuts, individual bags Sweet and Salty, individual
Slim Jims Goldfish
Soup, small cans Tuna packed in water or salad snack
Sunday, January 27, 2019
All donors will receive a
FREE OneBlood Long Sleeve T-Shirt
A Wellness checkup, blood pressure, temperature, iron count, pulse, and cholesterol screening!
Jesus commanded that we follow him. Making Jesus first doesn't happen by accident. Have you thought about how you are following Jesus?
We want to help one another become followers of Jesus.
If you are looking for a next step in journey of faith
If you are interested in Joining the Church
Join us Sunday February 3rd Sunday at 12:30-1:30
after church and I will share with you ways to get started on that journey.
Interested in participating in leadership in our church:
We are looking for leaders in different areas
The trustees is a group of women and men who work together to discern what the physical needs the church property can provide to help enable an environment that helps us make disciples of Jesus Christ. We meet monthly to:
- Determine how best to use our facility
- make sure everything is up to date and functioning properly
- create policies for use with outside groups
- implement practices that ensure a welcoming environment
- keep up to date policies, insurances, warranties, etc
The chair of this committee will work closely with the pastor and other committee chairs and will be responsible for organizing the monthly or bi-monthly meetings.
If you are interested please email pastor cory at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
This committee work with a team that is designed to work with the pastor and staff and their relationship with the congregation. We:
- Work with staff to set goals and evaluation metrics
- look at the needs of the congregation and community to help determine future staffing needs
- help to create an environment in which staff can grow in skill in helping to equip the congregation in their walk with God
- Design health practices of communication with staff and congregation
We meet bi-monthly to monthly. If you are interested please email pastor cory at email@example.com
The finance committee
- oversees the church budget,
- balances the budget,
- works with communicating financial needs to the congregation
- communicates with staff and ministry committees practices and policies for spending.
- creates policies and practices for counting, designating, depositing, collecting, and distributing church monies.
We meet bi-monthly. If you are interested please email pastor cory at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have developed a wonderful relationship with Mbale Women's Christian Ministry over the past year.
Mbale Christian Women Ministries (MWCM)is a Non-Governmental Organization based in the Republic of Uganda, MWCM is a non-profit, interdenominational organization started in 1995 by Christian women, with the aim of working together to fulfill the great commission cited in Matthew 28:19. The organization is registered with the Government of Uganda and Uganda Allied Medical Professionals.
To promote the gospel of Christ, strengthening diversity of women and communities through sharing the good news of the Kingdom of God, teaching, discipling and social action.
Our very own Christine Koolo, one of the founders of this ministry, is from Uganda and led by a calling from God, returned to her home in Mbale, Uganda last year to lead ministries she began several years ago.
This ministry is responsible for
Planting New Churches
Creating Medical Outreach
Care of widows and orphans
This is not a large ministry, but it is a powerful one. Through your support last year, we were able to bring aid to 100's of people. Many gave their life to Jesus, many were given life support through our seed ministry, many were given access to needed medications and many found a new zest for following Jesus. We were also able to help revitalize those Ugandan's who are running these ministries.
This year we are taking a next step in our work with them.
In cooperation with Mission Smiles International we are taking a team of Dentist and Hygienist to administer dental work with those in the Mbale area and to train the Ugandan Nurses there how to do hygiene work. We will be taking Hygiene kits that we will leave with them so that they can continue the work of aid once we are gone.
We will also be doing eye testing and taking 250 pairs of glasses and eye kits so they can continue that work as well.
The availability and affordability of eye care and dental care is not common in Uganda. I am so proud of what we are doing especially that we are able to come along side those doing work there already and bring them tools to expand their ministry. We are able to make a profound impact on these communities. You are doing great work in the Kingdom of God.
If you would like to help, we are looking for donations.
- The glass kit, for 250 glasses is $325
- Hygiene Kit to continue hygiene work after we are gone: $1250
- Seed for Widows ministry Beans $1 kg Maize $5 kg (this seed can help support for a year)
- Laptop Computer (for communication, accounting, fliers, etc. They need something they can use for internet and word processing and that is reliable.)
- Bibles $10 a Bible (these are purchased in their language in Uganda)
- Medical Outreach $600 treats over 100 people with medicine